corrupted files: game1104998616: leonine vs. ferdyrojo

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
ferdyrojo

corrupted files: game1104998616: leonine vs. ferdyrojo

Post by ferdyrojo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:20 am

g1104998616 of match m1255189604 can neither be played back nor to continue to play. I beseech the Administrator to fix this bug.
Ferdyrojo

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:47 pm

THere were some characters in the comment that were causing the game to get displayed incorrectly. I've fixed your games and changed the code so that it can't happen again.
Greg Miller

leonine

Post by leonine » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 am

I'm not having difficulty viewing the game now, so I trust it has been fixed....thanks for being so quick to resolve that....

I have a question though....I've noticed that only the last move's comment shows up in the PGN. Is there anywhere where the comments for a game are archived or is that something that can be added without too much of a headache? I rarely chat, so this isn't a major issue for me. Just don't know if anyone else has mentioned this to you or if there is even any demand for it...

Thanks.

ferdyrojo

In-game chat box

Post by ferdyrojo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:33 am

I have considered that the PGN-parser is very sensible to some special ASCII characters, and we should avoid to offend him, so to say. :oops: :roll: :wink:
Ferdyrojo

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:03 am

Storing all comments rather than just the last one has been brought up before. It's more complicated than I think it's worth to implement.
Greg Miller

leonine

Re: In-game chat box

Post by leonine » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks for the response gmiller. Somehow I had a feeling that was the case...

ferdyrojo wrote:I have considered that the PGN-parser is very sensible to some special ASCII characters, and we should avoid to offend him, so to say. :oops: :roll: :wink:
...I have yet to be offended, but you're walking on pretty thin ice with that last comment...

ferdyrojo wrote:"Comment: This is a combination starting with a sacrifice. You are not forced to accept it, but you ought to work out its implication in your position, though."
It's gone from simple arrogant premature post-mordem to downright condescension.