Blitz Chess

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.
langelli

Blitz Chess

Post by langelli » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:17 pm

There's a chess site I go to to play "Blitz Chess". The site is gameknot.com. Blitz Chess is played in real time and each game is limited to 10 minutes. The wins and losses don't effect ratings. Its a cool thing to do to just play a quick game that means nothing, or something to do if one doesn't have any moves to make in regular games. Is this something that could be incorporated into net-chess? Thanks, Greg, for providing this wonderful site. It is the best site out there. :D
:D

marandreo

Post by marandreo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:22 pm

You can find lots of sites where you can play blitz chess at various speed (1 min to 1 hrs and more) around the web. Moreover, in many you can choose rated or unrated play. If you are interested, dear langelli, I can give you some names, but it would be great if we could play rapid chess here "at home".

langelli

Post by langelli » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks, Marandreo, but 1 site is enough. I spend 99% of my chess time here. No reason to go elsewhere.

sittingbull

Post by sittingbull » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:23 am

I thought you can already play blitz chess here without the score affecting your rating, even now. Simply post the time you wish, and then ensure the Rated box is not ticked. That way the game will not count. Greg, is that correct? I've never tried it but I presume the Rated tick box does recognise when it is not ticked?