2012 Major League Toilet Bowl Team League

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster

2012 Major League Toilet Bowl Team League

Post by ecperreault » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

The baseball season has started...
And as usual they let most of the truly terrible teams get off to great starts for a giggle.
What we have here, my friends, is the makings of much complained about League of our own.
I state the rules here:
1.) Your team better be really bad.
2.) Your team must have all it's player contracts total up to be LESS than the ENTIRE Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the European Continent.
3.) And on the day the winning Loser is announced you must add a paragraph in this forum thread about the 2012 Major League Toilet Bowl Team League, stating that the loser's winning team is the absolute worst - and why.
Now, during the year we can expect updates on stupid things your team does like - 4 run leads blown in the 9th inning, Mascot blunders, Pictures of fans doing obnoxious things (remember the censors), comments about trashy ballpark food, 8-run innings by your team which result in 15-8 LOSSES - and any other thing that usually happens at Pirate games.
To sign up just state your team and why they will suck this year. I shall go first!
ecperreault - I select the Baltimore Orioles! I have been a fan of theirs since their 'glory' days when baseball was played fairly by humans. I believe they have a streak of suckiness now which can stand up to any other team's! I don't mind though, for who can actually 'watch' a baseball game now. The Orioles usually allow me to skip every game from May 5th on, for they are mathematically eliminated by then. Now, if Montreal Expos were still around...
### Here's to a 110 losses !!! ###

davidswhite
Uranium

Re: 2012 Major League Toilet Bowl Team League

Post by davidswhite » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Eugene,
I was almost completely asleep when I read this post of yours at about 5AM today. It was the sound of my own Out Loud laughter which fully awakened me!!!

From your title the "2012 Major League Toilet Bowl Team League" to "...the truly terrible teams get off to great starts for a giggle" to"...LESS than the ENTIRE Gross Domestic Product..." to
"...4 run leads blown in the 9th inning..."and,then,my personal favorite "...8-run innings by your team which result in 15-8 LOSSES..." followed by the ,not to be overlooked(nor actually possible)
mathematical elimination by May 5th of the Baltimore Orioles, you had me in stitches.

Thanks Eugene,for the laugh riot!!!
David

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I suppose the Boston Red Sox have struck first !!!
I think allowing the 'hated' New York Yankees two late Touchdowns (and Extra Points) so they could blow a 9-0 lead in the 6th inning definitely qualifies for the first 'Toilet Bowl' point of the year.
NYBOS01.jpg
NYBOS01.jpg (14.49 KiB) Viewed 26076 times
I guess those 'stinky' Red Sox need a good washing.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Second 'Toilet Bowl' Point AND A BONUS POINT go to:
Seattle Mariners for doing... well... nothing against the Chicago White Sox.
CWSSTTLPerfect.jpg
CWSSTTLPerfect.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 26075 times
I think my old Men's Softball team would have been more of a challenge for the 'Other' Sox.
Do all the Seattle fans get their money back? After all their team didn't do much to warrant the paying of money to view that spectacle.
How about the fan in Seat 17 of Section 44 (you know the one by the Italian Sausage vendor on the 3rd Base side) well he brought the guy in Seat 18 as his guest. That guy was his 6 year old boy who was attending his first ball game! Known as a serious manly event conducted between father and son (or daughter). During the 6th inning at bat for the Mariners, it was 3-0 and quiet at the stadium... so quiet that the local TV cameras picked the subtle audio of the fan in seat 18 asking his father as to when their Mariners will start playing. The father replied that the other team's pitcher was throwing a perfect game so far. The son replied, "If the other team is so good, why are we here?"
I think most all Mariner fans are already getting the same vibes as that bright boy.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 am

Friday 27 Apr
New York Mets at Colorado Rockies
What is wrong with the Mets! How can you get 17 Hits and lose by 9 Runs even when you commit 6 Errors.
Maybe by Colorado getting 18 Runs from 19 Hits, including an 11 Run Inning!
Had time for 2 beers during that At Bat.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:30 am

Friday 27 Apr
Los Angeles Angels (or whatever they are called this year) at Cleveland Indians
What do you get when you have 8 FAT BOYS hitting the hide off the baseball, who only have Warning Track Power...
Cleveland Indians !
Only 3 Runs on 15 Hits !!! AND they got 4 Walks !!!
Their War Cry is 'One base at a time boys!'
errr... but they WON! Go figure.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:41 pm

What is the 'West Coast Bias' crap. No one like any teams from West of the Mississippi River because all the good teams/players are located in the East!
I don't believe that crap.
Well...
Luckily San Francisco just won 2 straight or this would be truly aweful.
Don't these 'losers' actually play against each other at some point so that at least a couple of them can win a few games?
NOTE: Can we pencil Texas as wrapping up Home Field advantage throughout the American League playoffs? I think they clinched the West last week already.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

A classic pitching duel by two of the best Pitching Staffs in baseball went at it in Atlanta.
Philadelphia and Atlanta battled into extra innings as was expected.
The pitcher changes were flying after the starters left the game in this expected pitching duel!
After 28 runs and 36 hits combined, I think they are glad its over.
Philadelphia lost and neither team actually won - but baseball awarded the victory to the Braves.
Guess Ron Halladay is human after all, cause Tommy Hanson 'out dueled' him.
Blowing a 6-0 lead with your 'Ace' on the mound (who has won a Cy Young award in each league) definitely gives a nod for the 2012 Major League Toilet Bowl Team title to Philadelphia.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Well it's been about a week and ...
The 'West Coast Bias' crap seems to have some truth to it.
If anything it is getting worse. Luckily the Boston Red Sucks are living up to their $7 Bagillion payroll.
Parity is such a lovely thing in sports.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 pm

What would happen if a football game broke out at a baseball game?
Probably would go something like this...
Good evening sports fans, tonight saw Texas defeat Baltimore in a close game 14-3 before a large partisan home crowd! Texas broke through with a touchdown early in the second half to go up 7-0 on the hometown team. Baltimore answered with an early 4th quarter Field Goal to close within 7-3. Both teams left chances on the field and Texas scored a late game Touchdown to put the game out of reach, after the Extra Point it made the score 14-3 and that was how it ended. The stats were rather lopsided in Texas' advantage including...

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm

When is the last time you saw an ENTIRE DIVISION 2 games above .500 in Baseball - or any of the 4 major sports for that matter...

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu May 24, 2012 11:46 pm

San Francisco flew East for a game vs the Miami Fish in what was supposed to be an epis defensive battle with 2 young Quarterbacks starting.
San Fran got on the board first as Alex Smith hit Michael Crabtree with on a simple Slant, which turned home field ugly as he broke a tackle and sprinted the final 44 yards untouched. Crabtree said after the play that the Fish Defense was just grabbing and not tackling.
Miami tied it late in the 3rd on a 38 yard Flea-flicker as Reggis Bush pitched it back to Matt Moore who took 2 steps to his right and hit a wide open Brandon Marshall who waltzed in for the last 7 yards.
But San Francisco took bad field position on a Miami Punt following 3 & Outs by both teams, and figured the game was heading to OT as there was 55 seconds remaining in the contest. Reggie Bush bobbled the Punt and ended up recovering it at the 49er 11. After a 1 yard rush by Bush, Crabtree (5 catches - 162 yards, 2 TDs) turned the defender inside - out, broke free on an Inside Slant and only had to outrun the Safety to complete one of the longest Pass plays of the season, 88 yards and no grass stains.
With the Extra Point the 49ers lead 14-7 and only 18 seconds remaining on the clock, most of the crowd headed for the exits

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Wed May 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Mariners got 8 runs in the 2nd and 8 more runs in the 3rd inning... then hung on to win 21-8. Going to be a long year in the Northwest.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 pm

LOL!!!
Just like their NFL (Football) teams Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs ...
All they score are 3's also!!!

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 am

Now here is something new...
One Inning Baseball !!!

Well, that's all the ST Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs played.
A few facts:
St Louis hit 7 Doubles in the 7th Inning !!! They tied the major record for doubles in an inning by the Boston Bees at St. Louis in the first inning of Game 1 of a doubleheader on Aug. 25, 1936.
St Louis hit 9 Doubles for the game. The MLB record of 13 Doubles in a game is also held by St Louis which did it on July 12, 1931, against the Chicago Cubs - now there's a 'What do you know?'.
NOTE: What is the Boston Bees ???

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 pm

I thought we FINALLY had a team score more than 7 runs in an inning and LOSE!
But Boston wouldn't allow it...
This was one of those rare post-1995 baseball games that was fun to follow.
Heck, even I thought the Red Sox could hold a 6-0 lead easily.