Filters for Posting Challenges...

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.
tjensen

Filters for Posting Challenges...

Post by tjensen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:31 pm

Greg -

Is it possible to add a radio button or a checkbox that would give the option to only post challenges for established players? In other words, I would like to not allow provisional players to join a posted challenge, similar to how we can limit challenges to only specific players. Perhaps a checkbox would be better. Default would be to have it unchecked, but we could check it if we were posting open challenges to only established players.

I honestly don't think that this would create any problems with provisional players getting enough games to become established, but it may help lower the number of players who time-out against established players.

What do you think?

Thanks.

jpettit

Post by jpettit » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:49 pm

I believe the highest a provisional rating can start with is 2000. So, you can set the rating limit as 2001-9999 and you should effectively eliminate all provisional encounters. Of course, this only works if you regularily play above 2000, and there are many players hovering around 2000 that you'll never play. Still, it's a partial solution.

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:22 pm

I specifically didn't implement that feature so new players wouldn't have issues starting games. If it were there, almost all established players would use it. Then provisional players would end up playing only provisional players, who have a high likelihood of timing out, making it incredibly frustrating to get started playing 'real' players.
Greg Miller