To all my freinds at Net Chess

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
jjones

To all my freinds at Net Chess

Post by jjones » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:11 pm

Hello to all my freinds here at Net Chess!!

Im sorry to say that I have to stop playing my games now...I cant really do it any longer and Im going to a Hospice on Thursday.,..
My health has went down hill and I just cant take care of myself any more.
I have had a total blast her on this site with the games and the witty chats in the Forum and in my games!
This site is the best I have ever been on and all of my freinds here it has been so much of a joy to get to know you all...
I wish this site the Best of luck and to all my freinds here I love u guys and Im sure you wil be playing chess for years to come!!

My mail address is JeffJ45862@aol.com

Jeff aka "Zapper: :twisted:

I leave my ZApp Stik in the more then capabler hands of Mike Luka and Jonathan Pettit, 2 of my oldest and dearest freinds on the site:)

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:07 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that Jeff. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. "Never give up".
Greg Miller

energy

Re: To all my freinds at Net Chess

Post by energy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:09 pm

jjones wrote:Hello to all my freinds here at Net Chess!!
Thanks for the games!

You played some great chess and taught me a lot, about the game as well as life.

Good luck, maybe we'll meet again.
Nils

--
Consider donating some computer time to science!
Read more here: http://folding.stanford.edu

jpettit

Post by jpettit » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:01 pm

It is possible to go through life-times without meeting someone as kind, smart or funny as Jeff. I still can't believe this is happening. My friend, I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for. All the best, buddy. You were my friend, and if it is any comfort at all, you will not be forgotten.

Jonathan

kcollins

Post by kcollins » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:33 am

may i just say - so sorry for all who will not play you again - this is from a chap who has only played you a couple of times - i have rarely played such a friendly champion - you certainly had me in all sorts of trouble.... - nice to have met you and i will remember you - best wishes and hope you will not only find peace but someone to play - regards ken

grotesmurf

Post by grotesmurf » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:13 am

Difficult to find words. You came back once, hope you'll do it again. Thanks for all the games and chats.
Frederic

hamot

Post by hamot » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:27 pm

Good luck, my friend. You will be missed.

It was just last Thanksgiving that I talked with you on IM and learned of your cancer. I am proud of you for making it to another Thanksgiving and hope and pray that you continue on in your fight and conquer it.

God Bless You,
Tim

pe

Post by pe » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:13 pm

Jeff,

I am sorry too.

Your joy in life has always been great to experience ; it was and still is so strong, I can feel it through the screen.

I will miss you, dear Jeff.

I wish you peace of heart in the journey ahead.

Peter

nhathuy

Post by nhathuy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:21 am

Jeff,

Thank you for the good games and chats.

Take care.

cornstalk

Post by cornstalk » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:27 pm

All the best, dear chessfriend.

mic

Miss you and your games

Post by mic » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:50 am

Jeff:

I just lost my brother Saturday...their are tears in my eyes...when you get to heaven please challenge him to a game of chess...and tell him, well...tell him I will miss you both...I will challenge the winner one day.

your friend in chess and life,

Mic
enjoyed chess for thirty years...have lots of books and mags but never time to study. Maybe when I retire...chess strength has gone done ratings are unrealistic

mic

Miss you and your games

Post by mic » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:50 am

Jeff:

I just lost my brother Saturday...their are tears in my eyes...when you get to heaven please challenge him to a game of chess...and tell him, well...tell him I will miss you both...I will challenge the winner one day.

your friend in chess and life,

Mic
enjoyed chess for thirty years...have lots of books and mags but never time to study. Maybe when I retire...chess strength has gone done ratings are unrealistic

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:58 pm

Wish you the best Jeff. God bless and keep fighting and you'll be back on the chessboard in no time