Little popup boards

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
gmiller
Site Admin

Little popup boards

Post by gmiller » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:50 pm

If you're using IE or Firefox (probably most other modern browsers as well) you'll see a popup of the board when you mouse over the URL for a game. For now it's just the games it's your move in on the main page, the "Top Followed Games", and the games listed on the "My Games" page. I just want to make sure no one finds them super annoying before I continue adding them to more places.
Greg Miller

neilb

Post by neilb » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:41 pm

Hi Greg
They're very cute :roll: , but I think they might be less intrusive if you did a fade effect, so that they slowly fade in when you hover over the link.
Neil

cornstalk

Re: Little popup boards

Post by cornstalk » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:01 pm

gmiller wrote:If you're using IE or Firefox (probably most other modern browsers as well) you'll see a popup of the board when you mouse over the URL for a game. For now it's just the games it's your move in on the main page, the "Top Followed Games", and the games listed on the "My Games" page. I just want to make sure no one finds them super annoying before I continue adding them to more places.
Personally I find them rather annoying. I see no particular advantage to having them. Also, although I have a pretty fast cable connection, not all the squares render before I click into the game.

In general, I very much appreciate your work on the site, which is a great place to play.

langelli

Post by langelli » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:02 am

Greg,
I find them to be useful. Sometimes I'm looking for a particular game that I remember the position of the pieces, but not my opponent's name or the game #. This is a great site to play chess. Keep up the good work.
Thanks
:D

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:34 pm

I guess I'll make in an option to turn them off. It's probably more annoying than helpful if you've only got a few games going.
Greg Miller

mgomdysey

little pop up boards

Post by mgomdysey » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:33 am

i very much like them..it helps me see the position of the game without having to click on the game itself..very useful if i am looking for a specific game..and they look nice to boot!
thanks!
mgomdysey
maksim

neilb

Post by neilb » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:50 pm

The boards always show white at the bottom, which is the wrong way up if you're playing black.

samragim

Post by samragim » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:54 am

I really like them, please keep them!

sonrisante

Post by sonrisante » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:12 pm

I think they're cute, but I've got a slow computer and i have to wait. If there were an option I could set to turn them off, I would do so, and that would allow those that like them to keep them on. :)