K vs K. The game continues!?!?!

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
fleeble

K vs K. The game continues!?!?!

Post by fleeble » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Now I have seen everything! I have reached an endgame where all I have is a lone king and my opponent has a lone king, you would have thought that the game would have automatically ended right there, but it didn't! We can still play on! So, I will play a few more moves. My opponent, jromero, offered me a draw, but I want the world to see that this is really happening, so I declined the draw.

redketchuplover

Re: K vs K. The game continues!?!?!

Post by redketchuplover » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:43 am

Are you hoping the site God will implement automatic draws when warranted? Good luck with that :twisted:

irrawang

Post by irrawang » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am

The System apparently recognises draws by repetition but not by insufficient material. Next comes draws by the 50 move rule.

fleeble

Post by fleeble » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:11 am

I am going for the 3-fold repetition with K v K, I hope my opponent recognizes what I want, otherwise, 50 move rule, here we come! Just kidding, I will accept his next draw offer or offer him one.

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

I try to stay true to the rules, and only implement automatically enforced rules when they'd require a lot of my time otherwise. There are no automatically enforced rules under the USCF, the only way a game can be drawn is either the two players agree to a draw, or one of the players request that the TD declare the game a draw. It's pretty rare that anyone would waste their own time and play on with K vs K, so there's little need to implement it.
Greg Miller