Ability to set up and run your own tournaments.

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.

Would you like to run your own tournament?

Absolutley
33%
Maybe
33%
Probably not
14%
No
5%
Don't care.
14%

Total votes: 21

gmiller
Site Admin

Ability to set up and run your own tournaments.

Post by gmiller » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:15 pm

I've already got all of the programs written to run tournaments automatically, I just don't have a web interface to them. I'm just curious to see how many people are interested in actually setting up and running their own tournaments.

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:41 pm

I thought we had this capability allready ....?? unless I'm missing something about what you mean by "set up and run" ...??

I know we can start tournaments and stipulate the move time limits ... we can indicate any beginning moves as in a thematic ... and we can even indicate the rating limitations of those we would like to be able to enter a tourney. So then what else is there...??

Forgive me if the answer here is obvious.... sometimes I can be a bit dense..... :( ..??
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:50 pm

What I mean by tournaments is multiple "matches" where certain players continue to another round. Like Bret's Cup, or the Net-Chess tournament. I consider the games started under the "Start a game" page matches, even though you could also call them round robin tournaments.

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:53 pm

OK ...... Got It ! ... Thanks !
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm

It was abviously way too late to cast a vote, but I'd love that feature!

I had wanted to set up a series of fast time-control monthly invitational tournaments with the winners advancing to the 2nd round, and then the final, but couldn't see how it could be done.

This would be great!

Still time to reconsider adding it? :)

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:18 am

gmiller wrote:What I mean by tournaments is multiple "matches" where certain players continue to another round. Like Bret's Cup, or the Net-Chess tournament. I consider the games started under the "Start a game" page matches, even though you could also call them round robin tournaments.
Coming back to this old, old post, I have a question for Greg,

Have you gotten any more ideas or considered this any further, Greg? I think it would be great to have the type of tournaments that could be set up, with the winners advancing to the next round. Similar to the yearly Opens that start at the end of the year.

It would also be nice to have the team events. mluka sent me an email about that many months back, but I've never really taken the time to respond. (Sorry, Mike - I feel like a jerk. )

Any updates?