Analysis Board

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.
echamberlain

Analysis Board

Post by echamberlain » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:24 am

I suggest that the site provide us with an "Analysis Board" for each game. The "Analysis Board" would start with the current game position but I would be able to move the pieces around as if I had a small magnetic set. Note that "real" correspondence players use pocket or perhaps full size sets to analyze their moves. They also make use of databases and printed matter.

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:30 pm

How would this be different from the way you can move pieces around on the board now?

echamberlain

The Joke Is On Me

Post by echamberlain » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:44 pm

It seems that I missed a nice feature of the boards we have. I assumed that I could move only my pieces and only when it was my turn. That's because that is the way it is on Chessworld.net. I just played with the feature, and it's very nice. I do wonder what happens if I hit "Enter" while I am playing around with the board. (I think I once hit enter here and confirmed a move that I intended to take back.) On Chessworld's Analysis board, nothing I do impacts the game. I have to go back to the game board to make my actual move in the game. Thus I am protected from making a move I do not intend to make.

ismgr

What happens now?

Post by ismgr » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:40 pm

If I make a long series of moves (analysis) and then hit Enter, my guess is that the first move I made in the series would register as a move, but I've not tried that. Am I correct?

keithstuart
Uranium

Re: What happens now?

Post by keithstuart » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:19 am

ismgr wrote:If I make a long series of moves (analysis) and then hit Enter, my guess is that the first move I made in the series would register as a move, but I've not tried that. Am I correct?
from what i recall the last move made is what is entered into the move box so provided it isn't a valid move in the original position you'll be fine