A suggestion

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.
knightmare
Uranium

A suggestion

Post by knightmare » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:56 pm

I would like to see something like an analysis mode on the interface.
If a user could disable the MOVE button, and, if the piece NAVIGATION buttons could move the pieces forward AND BACK one move at a time, that would be quite usefull.
And thank you Greg for running this great site!

sonrisante

need more info

Post by sonrisante » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am

I don't understand this feature enough to be able to vote on it. disabling the MOVE button I like, because sometimes I hit it accidentally. But don't the move buttons already work the way you describe?

knightmare
Uranium

Post by knightmare » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm

The Navigation buttons do not work as described in my original post. At least not for me. The move back button always takes me back to the last move actually played on the board, not to the last move in my analysis. So if I'm analyzing a line six move ahead and I only want to back up one move... the move back navigation button takes me all the back to the beginning. Is it just me? :oops:

sonrisante

Post by sonrisante » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:54 pm

You are right, that's how it works for me too. I like your suggestion; it wasn't clear to me from your original post that you were talking about repeating "potential" moves. I like that idea too.