Minor Drawbacks in My-Games-Table

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.
joelag

Minor Drawbacks in My-Games-Table

Post by joelag » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm

Some time ago Greg made the entries in the My-Games-Table sortable by clicking the column name. Great! :D

But unfortunately ordering by Time Remaining only sorts the list lexicographically. It would be great if it really would be sorted by remaining time.

Furthermore it seems that if you have more than one line of private notes the lines get garbled. That is the column notes no longer corresponds to the game of that line.

And finally in the All-My-Games table it seems that the columns Your Time and Oppoent Time - BTW shouldn't it read Opponent with an additional n? :wink: - are swapped for all games where it is your move. The games where it is your opponent's move are displayed correctly I think.

Well Greg, these are only minor issues. Perhaps if it is fixed in 5 minutes or if you're working on the code anyway ...

CU, Joe

primalinstinct

Re: Minor Drawbacks in My-Games-Table

Post by primalinstinct » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:52 am

joelag wrote:Some time ago Greg made the entries in the My-Games-Table sortable by clicking the column name. Great! :D

But unfortunately ordering by Time Remaining only sorts the list lexicographically. It would be great if it really would be sorted by remaining time.

Furthermore it seems that if you have more than one line of private notes the lines get garbled. That is the column notes no longer corresponds to the game of that line.

And finally in the All-My-Games table it seems that the columns Your Time and Oppoent Time - BTW shouldn't it read Opponent with an additional n? :wink: - are swapped for all games where it is your move. The games where it is your opponent's move are displayed correctly I think.

Well Greg, these are only minor issues. Perhaps if it is fixed in 5 minutes or if you're working on the code anyway ...

CU, Joe
Lexicographically:

1. the writing, editing, or compiling of dictionaries.
2. the principles and procedures involved in writing, editing, or compiling dictionaries.

You sure that's the way you wanted to use the word?!

П

joelag

Re: Minor Drawbacks in My-Games-Table

Post by joelag » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:43 am

primalinstinct wrote:Lexicographically:

1. the writing, editing, or compiling of dictionaries.
2. the principles and procedures involved in writing, editing, or compiling dictionaries.

You sure that's the way you wanted to use the word?!

П
Sorry, maybe that's been a Germanism :?: . But at least it's described in the English Wikipedia, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexicographical_order (See Motivation and uses)

What I mean is exactly this: But unfortunately ordering by Time Remaining only sorts the list in a lexicographical order. Example:

Actually sorting by time ascending gives you this:
  • 044 days 19 hours 15 min 19 sec
    044 days 19 hours 46 min 12 sec
    044 days 21 hours 35 min 54 sec
    044 days 5 hours 20 min 46 sec
What I'd like to see would be this:
  • 044 days 5 hours 20 min 46 sec
    044 days 19 hours 15 min 19 sec
    044 days 19 hours 46 min 12 sec
    044 days 21 hours 35 min 54 sec
CU, Joe

joelag

Post by joelag » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:32 am

It seems Greg just inserted leading zeroes for the hours (at least if < 10). Good solution! Thanks, Greg.