resigning with game comment

For suggestions for new features to add to the site. Even if you don't have a sugestion at least vote on the features important to you.
slowblunder

resigning with game comment

Post by slowblunder » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:54 am

When I resigned my latest game, I added a short comment and congratulations in the comment box. By comment in our other game I asked my opponent about his opinion, but he replied that my first comment hasn´t been visible for him - probably because I resigned and didn´t make a move.

In my eyes, the end-of-game-comment should be kept visible when resigning. Maybe in other games the opponents resigned adding a short "gg" (good game), "well done" or something else which I see as a gesture of courtesy. But I never know if they did.

Maybe it is not so important for others, but for me it is. We shared weeks or months playing a single game of chess, there should be an easy way to say "thanks for the game, but next time I will crush your skull, have a nice time until then". And the easiest way is the comment box.

hybriddream

Resigning Comments.......

Post by hybriddream » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:36 am

Actually, I have noticed that when the results of the match have been emailed to both you and the opponent that the comment is present at the bottom of the email. I haven't really noticed if this takes place with everyone, but for me it sure does.

Hybrid

slowblunder

hybriddream

Post by slowblunder » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 am

Thanks for the info, you are right.

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:35 am

Also the comment will still be displayed on the game page until the game gets archived (about 3am or so Eastern time).
Greg Miller