World Championship Match

Post any puzzles you have or post your analysis of any games played on Net-Chess or anywhere else. Posts which do not contain game puzzles or analysis will be removed, such posts belong in the general forum. Commentary and discussion on openings is also welcome here.
jjones

World Championship Match

Post by jjones » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:55 pm

Hey all

Is there anyone watching this match between Leo and Kramnik?
I am rooting for LEko becasue I despise Kramnik with a passion.,,the man give the draw the bad name and hes so devoid of independent thought it makes me sick?
Comments anyone?

Jeff aka "Zapper" :twisted:

wulebgr

Post by wulebgr » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:05 am

I'm watching.

I cannot understand people's hostility to Kramnik. He's disappointing as a world champion, mostly because his tournament results have been mixed. But he is an exciting player. His comments after losing game 8--"it was good to lose in this way, because it was a beautiful game" not only offers a model of good sportmanship, but contrasts with Kasparov's cry-baby antics.

Leko is a fine player, and a gentleman.

The quick draws have been disappointing, but not unexpected. The decisive games have been real fights--and memorable. BTW, I had the three amigos (Hiarcs 9, Fritz 8, Crafty 19.11) finish yesterday's quick draw at plys 5-13. White scored 56%, supporting Kramnik's evaluation that a draw offer was in his best interests.

I hope Kasparov, the FIDE pretender, and the winner of this match can complete the unification process that Yasser put together. Then, a reasonable challenge from Anand should be accepted, for he likely can beat any of the other half-dozen top players in a head-to-head match (not to mention all of the lesser players).
Wulebgr

“From a fish’s point of view, a wulebgr is a leech.”