For discussion regarding the chess ladder
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:53 am
ghostdog currently rated at 2154.
This person has a current challenge accepting only those rated at 1999 and below.
This pretty much assures he will win and therefore his rating will falsely increase.
In my opinion he is a cheater.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 pm
Maybe, are these people's ratings accurate, like I'm playing a 2300 who's playing like a 1000
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 3:30 pm
- Location: Rhineland/Germany
1. Why do you care?
2. Rating is based on probabilities. So you are right: It's more probable for him to win. But the impact of a loss is higher, too. If the rating system is sound that doesn't matter at all.
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2000 2:25 pm
What kind of rating system is this on net-chess? itsabout 33%higher then normale or more.
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 pm
It does seem that by playing weaker oppositions you can increase your rating slightly.
I read in these forums that although the ratings are inflated, they are stable.