Moving up/down the ladder

For discussion regarding the chess ladder
patrikstorm

Moving up/down the ladder

Post by patrikstorm » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:00 pm

I have won a match in the pyramid ladder for ~1 week ago. When does the result take effect?
Cheers! :)

mluka

Not posted?

Post by mluka » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:03 pm

I think this is the result of some confusion: posting a match request vs. issuing a challenge on the ladder or pyramid. The interface at chessclubinternational isn't as intuitive to use as I had hoped. :oops:

When you issue a challenge to a player at chessclubinternational, all it effectively does is raise a flag indicating that you intend to challenge that player here at slowchess, and that that challenge should be applied to the ladder or pyramid. Typically, it will still be necessary to post the corresponding match request here at slowchess.
Under the following conditions, chessclubinternational will post a match request here at slowchess corresponding to your ladder/pyramid challenge:
  • 1)You have selected the chessclubinternational profile/settings option "Post my matches automatically";
    2)You are not using a popup blocker/antipopup, or you have allowed exceptions for the chessclubinternational.com domain;
    3)You are logged in to slowchess.com using the same user account as you use on the pyramid and ladder.
I can't find a record of this match request having been posted here at slowchess, so it appears that one or more of these conditions wasn't met.
If that is not the case, then let me know, as it is most likely a bug at chessclubinternational. :?

patrikstorm

by the book!?

Post by patrikstorm » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:59 am

Ok. I have issued the challenge at chessclubinternational, then challeged my opponent at Net-Chess stating that it is a ladder game (standard or pyramid). The match has been played, 2-0 or 1½-½ (I do not remember now) in my favour. Check roadrunner vs. patrikstorm in the pyramid ladder and at Net-Chess com. As I understood from an earlier posting, the result need not to be reported.

mluka

Time controls

Post by mluka » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:25 pm

Yep, that's a bug. The sad thing is that I intentionally coded it that way.
I have the system set up to only look for matches/requests with thinktime between 7 and 30 days, and addtime 1 to 2 days, which is why this match (at 5d+2d) wasn't recognized - as well as your ladder match with ppopp. Granted, those limits are wholly undocumented...
I'm working on a new version. I'll try to remember to test a variation that doesn't impose those limits to see if performance degradation is minimal.
Until then, you'll need to point it out to me whenever you post a match request with time constraints outside those bounds.