Be careful with your furry friends in the heat.

Pretty much anything.
gmiller
Site Admin

Be careful with your furry friends in the heat.

Post by gmiller » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Rosie is the Golden Retriever in the photo below. We took all three dogs for a walk Saturday. It was hot and humid, and less than a half mile in we decided to turn around and go back since the dogs seemed to be getting worn out faster than usual. By the time my girlfriend got Rosie home, she was completely limp and unable to move, and she died just a few minutes later. So please take note that just because your dog isn't breathing any heavier than normal, still seems to have energy (enough to keep pulling hard on the leash the whole way), it doesn't mean they're OK. We could have taken any number of steps to cool her down faster, or even prevented her from getting so hot to begin with, but since she seemed almost completely normal for having gone for a walk we didn't notice how bad it was. So, if you're pup is showing any signs of being hot or worn out, take steps immediately to cool them down and let them rest. It's way better to be safe than sorry, we're so very sorry we can't go back and do any one of a dozen things differently.
Attachments
rosie's last walk.jpg
rosie's last walk.jpg (206.48 KiB) Viewed 9217 times
Greg Miller

abiodun

Re: Be careful with your furry friends in the heat.

Post by abiodun » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Point well taken Greg, especially with more hot/humid weather to be had this summer.

My condolences to your loss ... :(
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !

redketchuplover

Re: Be careful with your furry friends in the heat.

Post by redketchuplover » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 pm

May Rosie frolic joyfully by the rainbow bridge.