hello and suggestions

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
hermanogris

hello and suggestions

Post by hermanogris » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:41 am

Hello everyone!!

I joined de site about two weeks ago and I am ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED.
I have already won and lost my first games and I am completely hooked.

I have a suggestion: as I am new and I don´t know hardly anyone, I would like to hava an easy way to view the profiles of all the players involve in a match, so I don´t have to go seeing them one by one.

I would also encourage users to give more information about where they are, age, etc...

Thanx to everyone

wulebgr

Post by wulebgr » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:12 am

Welcome, and congratulations upon your quick success.

One comment of caution and advice: many players on this site play too many games too fast. Limit the number you play, and play slowly. This is a correspondence site--well played games take months to finish. If you want loads of quick games, try FICS, ICC, or another similar blitz site.

Your pleas for more information falls upon my deaf ears. Spam and related intrusions warrant a degree of anonymity. As for me, I live in the hinterland, where reactionay politicians struggle to protect a natural resource based economy. But, you can find me (Wulebgr) angling for victims of my chess skill at multiple sites--correspondence and blitz.

This site is the best free correspondence chess server; more features are available for a fee at http://www.chessworld.net.
Wulebgr

“From a fish’s point of view, a wulebgr is a leech.”

alevin

Post by alevin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:36 am

I would agree with hermanogris and say this is the best not only among free sites but also among paid ones and I played on many of them.
IMO, chessworld.net interface is clogged with menus, additional click is needed in order to replay your game, the site is slow. Just my opinion. This is why I am here and not because it is free. Thanks, Greg.

hermanogris

Post by hermanogris » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:17 pm

Thanx for the advice on playing slowly. I´ll try. :D

I do play blitz on chessbase, but this is a different kind of chess. Blitz really makes me a wreck of nerves, buy this is relaxing.

By the way, I am from Madrid, Spain. Any more Spaniards around?