Canadian Chess Team

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
geebs
Uranium

Canadian Chess Team

Post by geebs » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:29 am

I just saw the posting by Pe regarding the establishment of a Net Chess belgian Team. How can I get onto the Canadian team?

Regards,
geebs

jpettit

Canadian Chess

Post by jpettit » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:07 am

Hi Graham,

The current Canadian Team is the Canadian Gambits. If you have registered at the Chess-Teams web-site, you may be asked to join the Team when a current player leaves the team. I'm the former Captain of the Canadian Gambits, and I know from personal experience that there is a surprising rate of turnover! (Mike's had to give me a push in the right direction a number of times ;)

The other option is to follow Pe's lead and ask if anyone else wants to form a new Canadian Team for the next Season. I think there's enough of us Canucks around to warrant a second team, but you should contact Mike Luka (mluka) before you do anything.

Farewell and fare well,
-- Jonathan

geebs
Uranium

Post by geebs » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have registered at chess-teams and expressed my interest to Mike so we will wait and see. I hope that we can indeed get a second Canadian team going. 8)

Graham

angelofthenight

new player

Post by angelofthenight » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:17 pm

We need a new player for the team ... Canadian Gambits ... for the semi-final round to replace ... martp ... (too many timeouts) on board 5.

If interested, just ask mluka.

Best Regards, Angel

geebs
Uranium

Post by geebs » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Angel,

Thanks for the info. I will let Mike know of my interest.

Regards,
graham