thematics

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
jjones

thematics

Post by jjones » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:39 pm

Hello all you Slowchess users out there :)

I want to start 2005 with some really good thematics and conbination wither/or thematics,...LEt me know what youd like to see so I can compile a list?

for instance, a Nimzo/Queens Indian thematic..d4 Nf6, c4 e6 and either Nc3 or Nf3 with the appropriate follow up, so we have a conscience decision as to what we play!

An Old Indian/Kings Indian with appropriate introductory moves.
or specific thematicws such as :

Classic Ruy Lopez,
e4 e5 Nf3 Nc6 Bb5, Bc5

dzindzi-Indian
d4 Nf6 c4 e6 Nf3 a6 Nc3 c5 e4 b5

there are others that are weird or we can go mainstream..Id love input if you all wish to
the ZAPPER would appreciate it allot and I will be trying to get things oprganized SO very soon!!
E-mail me through SlowChess OR at JeffJ45862@Aol.com please :)

Looking forward to heatring from you soon!

Lookin to maybe play some endgame tournaments as well, say after the first 15-20 moves of an exchange Ruy Lopez for instance and see how it plays out..let me knoew??

Jeff aka "Zapper" :twisted:

keithstuart
Uranium

Post by keithstuart » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:05 am

Setting up End game tournaments sounds like a good idea to me.

Openings only lead to middle and end games after all so you still need to know what to do at the end.

echamberlain

kieth overlooks

Post by echamberlain » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:47 pm

I feel constrained to point out to keith that openings occasionally and middlegames frequently lead directly to resignable positions without the necessity of playing an endgame. An endgame that could go either way happens in only about half of my games. I treat such positions as rewards, particularly if they are the result of consistently good play by both of us instead of blunders traded back and forth.

I suspect that keith may be stronger than I am and may have more of his games reach endgames that could go either way. :D