chess teams : belgian team ?

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
pe

chess teams : belgian team ?

Post by pe » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:33 am

As the chess teams competition is going towards playoffs, I'm already dreaming of next season (not that we're not in the playoffs, mind you 8) )

As I know there's a lot of belgian players (flemish and wallon), I was wondering if we could have a belgian team playing next year (maybe even 2). after all : if norway and canada have their team, why not us belgians ?

If you're interested in some games against opponents of similar strength, and you're sure to stick around for te next year and you can play at a pace of 30d+2d without timing out, and you're (preferrably) belgian, give a shout.

From my experience this year I can only say I've enjoyed playing : you get to meet some new opponents, and because of the line up, you're always playing somebody of similar strength.

Also : many thanks mike for hosting the competition.

and, while i'm at it : best wishes to all...

peter aka pe

rhand

Post by rhand » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:01 am

You can count me in.

Rhand

hurricane

Belgium

Post by hurricane » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:41 pm

me 2

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:45 pm

I'm dreaming.... of a white Christmas :roll: , maar dit kan er ook voor doorgaan. wat schuift da? :wink:

leen

Post by leen » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:39 am

Ik die ook mee als ik mag...

rcroes

Belgium

Post by rcroes » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:06 pm

I'd like to be part of the Belgian team too, pe.
Maybe we could ask sumdeus to join, I have a feeling he might be Guy Spitaels.
As a name for the Belgian team(s) I suggest The Waffles.
Rik

pe

Post by pe » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:32 pm

all right.

thanks for the replies so far. we 've got some consistent players, and although we might not frighten 'russia international' or those 'damn yankees' (which was never my intention), we might scare the bartenders at our weekly meeting at the pub (we have to remain true to our belgianism). we've got a name, and some interesting ideas about sumdeus as well.

roadrunner : your remark prooves you have the genuin belgian spirit...

everybody still welcome : mike has confirmed he can handle several belgian teams (does he know what he's doing ?).

those showing interest : you can already sign up as a member at the chess teams site ; teams are picked from that list.

in the meantime : have fun and : 'de wenschen van 't joar' !!

janlagrain

Post by janlagrain » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:42 am

ik zie dat ook wel zitten, maar ik zit nog niet aan 20 partijen :), enfin, erg lang zal dat niet meer duren.
J

ps pe, zit gij ook op een historiaforum onder de naam "pe" of is dat gewoon toeval?

pe

Post by pe » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:04 am

Jan,

ik zit niet op het historiaforum. dat is dus toeval. wel beangstigend, moet ik zeggen :)

Geebs : look forward to playing you 'canucks' ! :wink:

pe

geebs
Uranium

Chess Team

Post by geebs » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:33 am

Pe,

Thanks,

Just new to this so I am not sure how long it will be before I can play on a team. I would rather not Captain a new one but maybe there is enough interest for a second Canadian team. We will see! :wink:

Best of luck
Graham