Privacy statement?

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
zeugma

Privacy statement?

Post by zeugma » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:56 am

On the main page there is a privacy statement link. This talks about ads and collecting social security numbers.

I just recently registered, and I never had to give my social security number, nor have I seen any ads. Is this statement outdated, or am I missing something?

Zeugma

PS I really enjoy this site! 8)

hamot

Re: Privacy statement?

Post by hamot » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:31 pm

zeugma wrote:On the main page there is a privacy statement link. This talks about ads and collecting social security numbers.

I just recently registered, and I never had to give my social security number, nor have I seen any ads. Is this statement outdated, or am I missing something?

Zeugma

PS I really enjoy this site! 8)
Greg got rid of the ads a long time ago. Also, I don't ever remember giving out an SS number.

If you look at the bottom of the page you are referring to, you will notice that Greg used a template from linkexchange.com to create his privacy policy. I would think that the template put in the SS number as part of their policy template and it was just an oversight on Greg's part.

So yes, I am quite sure that the page is old and outdated. :wink:

Tim

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:43 pm

What Tim said is correct.

I had to have a privacy statement when I was doing the ads (one of their requirements), guess I'll just get rid of it now. But I remain shocked that someone actually read it, even *I* never have.

hamot

Post by hamot » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:50 pm

gmiller wrote:But I remain shocked that someone actually read it, even *I* never have.
I have been waiting to do this for quite a while, Greg.... :roll:

Cheers! :lol:

vjahagirdar

Post by vjahagirdar » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:08 am

gmiller wrote: But I remain shocked that someone actually read it, even *I* never have.
LOL :lol: