Finally decided

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.

What job will fill my life?

engineer
43%
pianist
57%

Total votes: 14

katchum

Finally decided

Post by katchum » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:02 pm

Some of you might remember my dilemma about choosing between a fun low money job or a hard, high money job.

I'm pretty much sure now what to choose, well I have to, because it is time to choose now.

Actually it wasn't that difficult to choose and I'm very interested in your reactions. I will post the answer after a month or so.

So what do you think?

millirem

Post by millirem » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:21 pm

With a well-chosen engineering job you can still be Duke Ellington 8) during weekends :wink:

katchum

Post by katchum » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:24 am

4-4?? :shock:

So it isn't that obvious...

I'm interested in what Gmiller and Hamot thought.

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:40 pm

I voted for pianist.

hamot

Post by hamot » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:56 pm

So did I.

Tim

katchum

Post by katchum » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:53 pm

I chose the job with the least stress. It's not that I like it, but it's a continuation of a path that I've taken. I've never thought of becoming a pianist, until last year.

As I want to explore my human skills, deteriorate my shyness, boost my self confidence and most important, my self initiative, I could only achieve that by actually pushing myself forward.

The piano is not a boosting mechanism, it is only a place with a shell to protect me, I want to get rid of all protectiveness, if the word exists. Becoming a pianist would not help me in my cause, I think it would even make something that I like to do into something I hate to do, if you take in account the competitions, the 'pianism' (so called perfect playing without any mistakes).

You have to choose in life. I am able to do civil engineering, why would I not take that opportunity?

The only thing I can say is: just do it, go on and dive.

keithstuart
Uranium

Post by keithstuart » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:32 am

Which ever way you picked it was a hard decicsion

I personally would of been more likely to go for the Engineering route as if i didn't get on along that route after a few years i would of at least been earning a fair bit more for a few years.

Likewise if i'd gone for the lower paid route i'd have to really enjoy it or only do it part time as in the modern age you realy need to save for the future.