Not chess related, but I could use help from a few of you..

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
hamot

Not chess related, but I could use help from a few of you..

Post by hamot » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:53 pm

Hi -

This is not chess-related, but music related.

I am a school band teacher. I am running a trivia contest for my band students, mainly to encourage my students and their parents to sign up for my band email newsletter.

I have set up an autoresponder at my school's band website to help run the contest.

Would a few of you who have some background in music test out my trivia questions and my autoresponder? The autoresponder is something I just recently came across and is completely hands-free for me. All I did is set it up and it runs completely by itself.

All you have to do is sign up here** and it will do all the rest. Be sure to use first and last name like you normally would. If you don't feel comfortable giving me your name, just make one up. If you don't feel comfortable giving me your email address, just go get a "throw away" email address at hotmail or some other free service and use that one for the next week. I will not use your email address for this and will delete the info after you register.

You will receive the first email trivia question immediately. Then each day for the next 6 days you will receive one trivia question by email. Please check my spelling, grammar, etc. to make sure that everything makes sense to you. Also try to answer the questions. If I don't have my facts straight, let me know that, too.

I am running this contest for my students starting next Monday, so please, if you can, help me out! Thanks a bunch!

Tim

**Edit on 12/9/03 - Thanks for all your help. The bugs have been worked out. I have taken down the form. Tim
Last edited by hamot on Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tellymetwise

Post by tellymetwise » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:30 pm

Seems to be working fine.
You want someone to test the unsubscribe too? :wink:

hamot

Post by hamot » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:32 pm

tellymetwise wrote:Seems to be working fine.
You want someone to test the unsubscribe too? :wink:
Absolutely, but maybe from a different email address than the one you first used.....

Thanks for the idea.

Tim

tellymetwise

Post by tellymetwise » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:31 am

Hamot,

with the second trivia question:
Sackbutt is an impressive bottom with a tendency to sack due to gravitational influences.

Sackbut, on the other hand, is a 15th-18th century musical instrument.

Question for you, why did you choose to give a word and ask for it's description instead of the other way around? This lowers the difficulty of the questions by quite a bit.