remove my ratingfloor

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
bobbybellona

remove my ratingfloor

Post by bobbybellona » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:34 pm

I am about to crashland on my ratingfloor. Could you remove it permamently Greg? I'm not on vacation, just a lousy player :(

toverturf
Uranium

Salutation!

Post by toverturf » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:19 pm

I commend you! If every player had the courage to have their rating floor removed, ratings wouldn't be so overblown. (IMHO - and I know it's a different thread :))

-Thad

bobbybellona

Post by bobbybellona » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:22 pm

You know, I see the argument that some players may timeout beacause they don't have the possibility to make moves. And then the ratingfloor does a job.

But I myself, I make lots of moves everyday, and timeouts is not a problem. And I have no interest in having a high number indicating a playingstrength stronger than the truth. I hope I will someday reach 2500+, from playing and WINNING games (i am still young and reading theory). I wont mention names, but I have played players on this site who is clearly overrated, the result is that me too is overrated.

I really do not see what pleasure these overrated players have from that high number. Everyone who plays them see that there is something wrong...

Anyway, I do not need ratingfloor. In two years, I will be crashing into 3000 :D . But now, I would like to know my true strength compared to other players.