A New Tourney Beginning Now ..... 1.Nf3

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
abiodun

A New Tourney Beginning Now ..... 1.Nf3

Post by abiodun » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 am

.................................................. Image ..............................................................

"Sometimes the term "Réti Opening" is used to describe the opening move 1.Nf3, although most sources define the Réti more narrowly as the sequence 1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 .

As a flank opening , it is the third most popular of the twenty legal opening moves White has,
behind only 1.e4 and 1.d4.

The move has been described by Edmar Mednis as a "perfect and flexible opening" and by others such as Aron Nimzowitsch as "certainly the most solid move, whereas moves such as 1.e4 and 1.d4 are both 'committal' and 'compromising'."

The game 1.Nf3 can TRANSPOSE into a large number of other openings, which usually start with 1.e4, 1.d4, or 1.c4.

IMPORTANT ...... ==> In Most Games , 1.Nf3 TRANSPOSES into Another Opening !

If BLACK IS NOT CAREFULL .....

There is the risk of running unpreparedly into a highly theoretical opening ,
e.g. after 1.Nf3 c5, White can play 2.e4 leading to the mainline Sicilian Defense.

Other common transpositions are to various lines of the Queen's Gambit Declined (after e.g. 1.Nf3 d5 2.d4 Nf6 3.c4) or the Catalan Opening (after e.g. 1.Nf3 Nf6 2.g3 d5 3.Bg2 e6 4.0-0 Be7 5.c4).

The main independent lines which usually start with 1.Nf3 are the Réti Opening (1.Nf3 d5 2.c4) and the King's Indian Attack(where White plays 1.Nf3, 2.g3, 3.Bg2, 4.0-0, and 5.d3, though not always in that order).

By Playing 1.Nf3 ...
White HAS PREVENTED BLACK FROM PLAYING 1...e5 ! ! ! ,

And many players who want to play the English Opening, but avoid the reversed Sicilian lines beginning with 1.c4 e5 opt to start the game with 1.Nf3 instead."

I simply thought to give some 'Heads-Up' Theory to anyone wishing to join "Abiodun's 1.Nf3 Tourney"

So Now ....

Please Join .... Play Well .... Play Strong and ....

Let's Have Some FUN ! ! !
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !