The End

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
dragonpower

The End

Post by dragonpower » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:59 pm

It's been a very joyous three years I've spent on this site. However, my time has grown to a close. After spending the last three weeks by myself, thinking about life, I have come to the sad conclusion that net-chess will no longer be part of my life; I am resigning my remaining games. Many personal reasons have factored into this decision, which I will not dwell on in detail on a public forum. I have seen death, seen life, and neither involved chess -- that's the simplistic explanation.

Mike, you'll need to find a new captain for the Canadian Gambits. I'm sorry for leaving mid-way through the season.

Greg, this is an amazing website. Thank you for allowing me the pleasure of using it for these three short years.

To everyone who has ever played or talked chess to me, I thank you. I wouldn't trade in my experience for anything. I don't want to leave, but my choices are limited. May your lives be content. Just remember:

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
Ergo, make love, not war. Always, and forever, make love.

Jonathan

hamot

Post by hamot » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:50 pm

You will be missed, my friend.

Tim :cry:

muabdib

Post by muabdib » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:08 am

I've never read such a simpatico and sad farewell. We never played dragon, but I wish we had. May you find a pot of gold friend!

Hans :(

katchum

Post by katchum » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:47 am

I've played chess with you, you were a fine opponent.

I don't have enough experience to know life, but the thing I 'm sure about is this: don't try to search for the meaning of life, just live in equilibrium.
Just live your life, that's all a human being can do. Don't retain your appearance towards others, do whatever that makes you happy.

"Live long and prosper"

Albert

tellymetwise

Re: The End

Post by tellymetwise » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:36 am

dragonpower wrote:It's been a very joyous three years I've spent on this site. Jonathan
Welcome back anytime

eraymond

pour toi, Jonathan

Post by eraymond » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:57 am

Je suis peiné que tu quittes le monde des échecs, je respecte ta décision et j'espère te revoir un de ses 4 matins. Je me suis proposé comme capitain de l'équipe des Candians Gambits, j'ai trouvé aussi un remplaçant plutôt une remplaçante angelofthenight, en 82 parties elle les a toutes gagnées, si jamais tu veux revenir, je te redonnerais (si je le suis) le titre de capitain ainsi que ta place dans l'équipe.

Longue vie à toi et tes proches!

Éric (eraymond) :wink:

mvoong

Post by mvoong » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:29 pm

I'm sad to see you go. We've had some good games in the last 3 years (you more than me) but I've always enjoyed them. Have a good time in whatever you now do and don't be a stranger here.

Michael