Need a few days off

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
cmulligan

Need a few days off

Post by cmulligan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:17 pm

It's around midnight & I just got home from the ER where I've been with my wife who just had a mild heart attack today. Doctor's say she may be able to come home tomorrow,but they are sending her to a specialized medical facility tonight to be on the safe side as she's still in a deal of pain,which is causing some concern.Had to come home & take care of the pets & wanted to let you all know I may not be on the next few days. Not sure what's gonna come of all this or how much help she's gonna need the next few days,but I just can't really think about chess right now.

If I'm gone more than a week, I'd appreciate Greg timing out my games for me & giving my opponents the win. Don't want to hold anyone up unduly. Hopefully will be back on in a couple of days with positive news though.

islanderfan

Re: Need a few days off

Post by islanderfan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:45 am

Take your time Chris. If no one else objects in the zapper I have no problem in pausing your games.

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Of course, take your time!
your health is MOST important, and I am sure we all understand and back you up :)

Joshua

redketchuplover

Post by redketchuplover » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:02 pm

((((((((((((Chris' wife and Chris)))))))))))))))

cmulligan

Post by cmulligan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:01 am

Well,should be back on in a day or so if all goes well, just excuse me if my game suffers a bit. My wife wound up having another heart attack;a major one, when she arrived at the new hospital. Fortunately it's one of the top facilities in the South East. She is doing better now & is supposed to be able to come back home today. She had to have 2 heart stents put in & will be having to make several lifestyle changes,mainly dietary & quitting smoking. She seems to be out of the woods for the moment,now the focus is on taking the necessary steps to ensure (as much as we can) that this doesn't happen again.
Thanks for the kind comments. We don't always get along that well,but I do love the ornery little rascal & it's
pretty upsetting when anything happens to her.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster

Post by ecperreault » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 am

Give the wife my hopes for a sound recovery !
Makes all my problems seem miniscule in comparison.
Take good care of that woman.