Anyone want to play the Evans Gambit?

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
bobbybellona

Anyone want to play the Evans Gambit?

Post by bobbybellona » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:04 am

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.b4 Bxb4

My favorite opening is the Evans gambit. On Net-Chess no one has used it against me, sometimes I get to play it with white, but not as often I would like :cry:

I have the impression that the advanced players with lot of theoretical knowledge don't find it very interesting. But it has been used by Kasparov in recent years with success.

If you don't know to much theory (like me), and first of all is looking for fun games with lot of action, this is the perfect opening. And if you are a begining player, this opening is great for improving your tactics (which chess-trainers says is the most important skill to develop in the begining).

Just posting this message to see if anyone is interested, if so I wil post a match for those who would like to join.

Would also like a Kings Gambit match.

keithstuart
Uranium

Post by keithstuart » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:35 am

I'll giv eyou a game set up a 2 game match with what ever time limits you prefer provided you get at least 1 day extra per move i'll be happy

tellymetwise

Post by tellymetwise » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:36 am

I will play you, but I'm not a daily mover.

I haven't figured out the best time settings yet, but 5 days a move seems to be the speed at which I play games.

(60 moves * 5 days a move * 2 players = 600 days a game)
(know what you can expect playing me)

add:
Isn't it possible not to add the days, but just the: move within so much days? (with some vacation buffering)
I don't see the use of having a nice game and noticing that I'm building up time slowly upto 100 days or more for the rest of the game.

keithstuart
Uranium

Post by keithstuart » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:29 am

Unfortunatly you only get time added

I expect it is possible to have a set time per move instead or total times but as you mentioned already vacations would be a problem