2012 Zapper Memorial Tournament Rules.

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
cliff

2012 Zapper Memorial Tournament Rules.

Post by cliff » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Image 2012 Zapper Memorial Tournament RulesImage

(First off, I'd like to thank all the participants of the 2011 Zapper who posted for their comments, suggestions, concerns, critiques,and ideas for their input! Although, it's been said that “you can please some of the people all of the time”, I doubt it. They'll always be as many opinions as there are players. But, really, that's a good thing! Shows a lot of imagination and interest, I think!)

Official Rules.

(1) There will be six teams, of five players (boards) each. Registration is in progress (“2012 Zapper Sign-Up*, in the General Forum). Cut-off will be at thirty players.
(2) Teams will be selected by a draft on a weekend in late March (Date to be determined)..
(3) Each Board will play other teams corresponding Board in a Tournament consisting of one game against each other, for a total of five games per player in Round One. (Board One players vs Board One players, Board Two players vs Board Two players, etc.)
(4) Time controls will be 12d + 1d for all rounds.
(5) Round 1 of the tournament start date will be sometime in early April 2012, the exact date has not yet been determined.
(6) At the end of Round One, the lowest scoring team will be eliminated. Those players will be on standby to fil in for vacant spots, should remaining players drop out. The replacements will be as close to the departed players in rating as is possible.
(7) Round Two play will be as in Round One.
(8) At the end of Round Two, the lowest scoring team will again be eliminated and those players will also go into the standby pool.
(9) In Round Three, the four remaining teams will play as in the previous rounds for the medal spots.
(10) Only Round scores will count for each individual round. Points will not carry over round per round. Total overall scores will only be used to break ties between two teams, should they occur. If still tied, Team Performance ratings will be used.
(11) If only several games remain in a previous rounds and standingd for the next round are NOT affected, the next round MAY begin at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
(12) Tournament Officials will be: Cliff (TD), Islanderfan (Asst. TD), Iamachessstudent and Jvanmechelen (Captains). Two other Captains are yet to be determined.
(13) The four teams with returning Captains will keep their 2011 event names. The other two Captains will select the new team names.
(14) (If by March 24, insufficient players have entered for six teams, the Zapper 2012 will go with five teams. The fifth place team will be eliminated in Round One, and the remaining teams will play two-games vs each other bboard player in Round Two.. Round Two will be the medal round, and the tournament will be a two-round event.
(15) The rules may be changed to help the tournament proceed more smoothly.

Okay....Now everybody feel free to hit me with your best shot! There just has to be some complaint from someone!

:wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

cmulligan

Re: 2012 Zapper Memorial Tournament Rules.

Post by cmulligan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:14 pm

This all sucks.All the rules suck.You are a bad person & should feel bad about yourself...other than that it looks cool to me... :P :lol: :lol:
btw,I volunteer to be Captain of Team CMulligan is a Chess God and everyone else sucks especially Islanderfan; or Team CIACGAEESEI for short... :D
Alternatively, CMulligan Rules,Islanderfan Drools is another good name... 8)

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:06 am

cmulligan wrote:...
btw,I volunteer to be Captain of Team CMulligan is a Chess God and everyone else sucks especially Islanderfan; or Team CIACGAEESEI for short... :D
Alternatively, CMulligan Rules,Islanderfan Drools is another good name... 8)
Looks like we have our fifth Captain! Send me your email address, Chris, at:

cliffdwyer@hotmail.com

...and what the hell kind of logo Eugene(*) is gonna make out of Team CIACGAESEI is anybody's guess! :? :? :? Although, I think I see "CIA GEESE" there....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

(*) AND yess, that's right, folks! Coming back to design the new teams' logos is Eugene (eccperreault)! We may even recieve some SPECIAL REPORTS from Gunky Park!

:D :D :D

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster

Post by ecperreault » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:45 am

Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:47 am

CLiff put Josh as the other asst. td. just so that if me and you are tied in a vote, he will break the tie. or in other words side with me.

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 am

cmulligan

Post by cmulligan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 am

Email is CTM100469@yahoo.com. Don't mind posting it here. Still considering a team name. My other choices are naturally awesome,but may be a bit unwieldy in casual conversation. How about "Only Here To Beat Brian" ? The logo could be Brian's team logo with an X through it... :D I mean;I could keep things professional,but I figure it's more fun to make it personal ! Alternatively,one of us could go with The Hatfields,while the other takes The McCoys... :lol: :lol:

Edit: I got it! In the spirit of the dirty,corrupt,no-holds-barred,threat & intimidation filled style of play we've come to know & love in the 2011 Zapper,I've decided on a team name. Team "What's Sportsmanship?" !!! :D How ya like it? Of course,we can still go with "CMulligan Is A Chess God And Everyone Else Sucks Especially Islanderfan" as an unnofficial team name... :P :lol: :lol:

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:52 pm

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 am

nicely done!

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm

EXCELLENT!

..I can hardly wait for the new team name(s) so we can see the logos!
Great job, Eugene!

...George thinks so too!

:D :D :D

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 pm

my team name is already there, retired keep em checkamated

ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 pm