ecperreault

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
Post Reply
boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

ecperreault

Post by boeien » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Concerning Eugene:
I admire his sense of humour most off the times.
But his results and way of playing chess here make me sick!!
See the results page: very stupid losses against weaker players (excuse me), when the rating is too high lose 14 games in a row. Not special, if not Eugene awakes against very strong opponents, as now f.e. cnita or cleenders. We all sometimes play changeable, but this is not normal. If you don't believe me: look at the games...

Boeien

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:08 pm

so if you don't like his play, why play him? Lord another crybaby. You don't like it, I think you need to look at yourself first before you attack another player..... especially one that is going through some tough times.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm

.
Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 am

Well said sir. well said.

boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by boeien » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Dear Eugene,

1) I didn't resign 2 games against you, you resigned one too.
2) As I said before, my biggest frustration was, you didn't answer 2 or 3 moves long my question why you played this opening.
3) A player who resigns in games as 1105094312 and 1105094314 for example, I don't take serious!!
4) Your invitation for playing you in a couple of games makes no sense, because you only play real chess in a site-tournament. For the other games your son makes moves or you resign in clearly won positions.
5) Despite all: I wish you all the best in your not so healthy position!! Hope you're with us for many years!!

Boeien

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:03 pm

#%$*&%@#
I had to start over...

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 pm

.
Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dstephens
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by dstephens » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:23 pm

I don't see the need to feel insulted over a players choice of opening. There are always going to be players that feel the need to play unorthodox openings because want to try something different or that they believe the only chance that they have to win is to surprise their opponent. I've got no problems with those types of openings because I'd rather encounter them here when the games don't matter than in a tournament where the games mean more to me.

As far as the resigning won or equal positions, the only reasonable explanation is if ecperreault is avoiding a timeout by resigning. I do understand that he is currently dealing with health issues. But a glance of the two games that were provided don't show a clear reason why he resigned those games..

While I can understand the desire to avoid games against ecperrault becuase of that chance that he will play an unorthodox opening, you can side step that by choosing a thematic match. Then you will be able to avoid the completely crazy openings and play something that's more in your comfort zone.

boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by boeien » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

It seems I hurt you. Why not react as a man? Why don't you make an account for your son, to let him learn chess? (f.e ecperreaultjr). What is the learning of resigning very winning positions? Why not letting your son play against cleenders or cnita? He will learn a lot!! Why so upset? Am I right? Why not reacting in a very little sentence on my last wish?? Why not saying in point 1 and 2 you weren't right??? Why talk about holiday-cards? Why talking about my (not-)concerning about the youth, where you don't know anything from me?? Why call greg? Where is your common sense?

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Why should it matter if someone resigns or plays his/her openings? Who gives a rat ***? Good god what is it with you chess nerds that the littlest stupid sh** bothers you? Good lord grow up.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 pm

.
Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

.
Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

lol We call him here in the states, a pussy a** punk lol

boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by boeien » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Still no answer on my questions.....And further: you have a strange way to ask for support from the rest of the players here...

dstephens
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by dstephens » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 pm

"It seems I hurt you. Why not react as a man?"

You question his choice of openings. When he challenges you to a match where you can guarantee that the opening won't be one of his offbeat choices, you avoid the challenge by stating that he will resign early (There is no way to tell now why he resigned the games that you provided) or "not play real chess."

Right now, ecperreault is the only one acting like a man. You question his honor, but you are giving him no chance to prove that you are wrong in all of your accusations. If you were going to play, I'm pretty sure that he wants to handle these games himself. So I see no reason for you to avoid him.

dstephens
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by dstephens » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 pm

boeien wrote:Still no answer on my questions.....And further: you have a strange way to ask for support from the rest of the players here...
He didn't need to ask for my support. You made a comment that didn't need to be made and is coming very close to starting a flame war. The only point that I agree with you on is starting a separate account. All of your other statements are using past events as proof to what will happen in the future. You haven't proven anything to me and that is why I am responding to your posts.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:04 pm

.
Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

dstephens
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by dstephens » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:26 pm

ecperreault wrote:My son has ALWAYS had his own account here. I refuse to give it to you. Greg knows it as do others here.
I'm sorry. I was under the impression that you shared an account. I understand that you don't want to share his account name. I wouldn't put up that type of information either.

I honestly don't care if you did share an account. I don't take the games on this site seriously because losing doesn't cost me anything here. My opponent could consult with a stronger player, use a computer or do anything in the world that would give him a competitive advantage over me and I would have no problem with the result of the game. Once it is over, I'll have a game that I can review and see how I can improve as a player.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 pm

.
Last edited by ecperreault on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

dstephens
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by dstephens » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 pm

ecperreault wrote:Sorry about that Mr Stephens, I meant that comment for Mr Boeien. I just don't want Mr Boeien ranting to my son.
Meant nothing towards you, sir.
It's cool. There is no need to apologize to me.

flyingtiger
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by flyingtiger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:38 am

Guys, in my opinion this discussion on selecting unusual openings is absolutely pointless. Lasker, who was world champion in chess as well as a famous mathematician once was asked by a journalist if he preferred mathematics or chess. His answer was swift as well as short. “Chess”- “Dr. Lasker can you please explain to our readers why you prefer chess?”-“Well if I solve a complex mathematical problem another mathematician can come and claim that he has a more elegant solution and therefore is the superior scientist. If someone would make a similar claim in chess I simply can checkmate him!”
Let us all follow Laskers's advice: If we do not agree with the moves of our partners let us proof on the board that we know better.

boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by boeien » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 am

The point I tried to mane is NOT the unusual openings, as you can read in the 1st post. I didn't even mention it. I'm not recalling old discussions...Look above who starts speaking about 1..,a6 and so on...
The point I tried to make was the unusual resigning in clearly won positions.
Now the son has his own account, nice. But why say then the son makes moves on your account, and then say he doesn't?
@ dstephens and flyingtiger: as you see the problem isn't the opening question. Thanks for reacting, but that's not the issue.
I am not setting this discussion on flame, see above what is said about me and then conclude who is damaged...

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 am

Dear Eugene,

1) I didn't resign 2 games against you, you resigned one too.
2) As I said before, my biggest frustration was, you didn't answer 2 or 3 moves long my question why you played this opening.
3) A player who resigns in games as 1105094312 and 1105094314 for example, I don't take serious!!
4) Your invitation for playing you in a couple of games makes no sense, because you only play real chess in a site-tournament. For the other games your son makes moves or you resign in clearly won positions.
5) Despite all: I wish you all the best in your not so healthy position!! Hope you're with us for many years!!

Boeien



So this isn't you complaining about moves?? Lord your a dumb .. And/or are you looking for attention cause mommy and daddy never gave it to you?

boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by boeien » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 am

@islanderfan: you really can't read: I talked about the 1st post where you quote a later one. There is no reason for kidding me as my parents died rather young as a result of a car-accident...

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 am

Nor is there a need for you to question how some one plays.Your the one that started the thread not me. So either back up your words or I think you need to shut it pretty quickly since your making yourself look like an .. Either way I could give a **** how you feel.

cmulligan
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:10 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: ecperreault

Post by cmulligan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:57 am

Don't want to spread any unpleasantness;but I have to say,my thinking is not to worry about what others do unless its harmful or directly causes you some problem or other. How others choose to play I don't really see as anyone's business but their own. Also bear in mind that not everyone is as competitive or takes things as seriously as others. Also you don't neccesarily know what's going on behind the scenes either.

Case in point;I can recall at least 1 draw with Islanderfan where I had a won position. However,we were both kinda stressed at the time over various things & both very unhappy with our play (one screw up after another). Many might say play on,play to win! However,I play for fun. I'm not trying to impress anyone (fortunately,lol),I don't think winning is everything, & I'm not overly concerned with rating points. That said,we both just wanted the game over & tucked away in the "try to forget about it" file. Sure I could have won (barring any more stupid errors), but I wanted it finished more than I wanted a win. Don't see how that's much different than the resignations you mentioned,but why should it be a problem for anyone? I've also resigned games,I thought I might be unable to finish regardless of how the position was because that's the courteous thing to do.

Basically,don't judge the actions because you can't know all the facts. Honestly,you're not even owed an explanation either because this involved interactions between other folks that didn't involve you. Not trying to be nasty,just making a point. Hope this lengthy response got my point across without offending anyone,as that was not my intent.

iamachessstudent
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by iamachessstudent » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 am

I enjoy Chess for the fun and comfort of it!

If I face an odd opening, then I take it upon myself to show why that opening is wrong, and have fun with it !
I'm never insulted by anyone's choice of openings, I look at it as another challenge and as is been recorded; Anthony Miles BEAT Anatoly Karpov in his prime in the early 1980's with the opening move 1.e4, a6!?, so no judging a book by its cover:)

This site should be fun and entertaining and very , very non judgemental!
We all need to work to make it better and more friendly for others and Id say this would include not being easily offended or take exception to a players choices of opening..
It is ALL CHESS and that is what we are here for !!:)

WHEEEE Its a weekend!!
hwEEEEE

Joshua

davidswhite
Uranium
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by davidswhite » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 am

Greg,

about 5AM,March 2nd,I posted a comment on this thread.
Because I very rarely post and NEVER use profanity, I have to ask you ... what happened to my comment since it seems to have vanished?

Best wishes,
David

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 am

make it better by getting rid of a**holes like "boeien".

cmulligan
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:10 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: ecperreault

Post by cmulligan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 am

davidswhite wrote:Greg,

about 5AM,March 2nd,I posted a comment on this thread.
Because I very rarely post and NEVER use profanity, I have to ask you ... what happened to my comment since it seems to have vanished?

Best wishes,
David


If other responses are made in the time you are typing yours you have to hit submit a second time to make your comment post. Don't know for certain,but this may have happened. If you don't post much,you may not have realized that. Sorry if you knew that & that wasn't the case. Not trying to be patronizing or anything.

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Maybe I was wrong so boeien I offer an apology, for the"attention" comment. But I still stick by me saying that your out of line to critique someones style of play.

dstephens
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:51 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by dstephens » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 pm

boeien wrote:The point I tried to mane is NOT the unusual openings, as you can read in the 1st post. I didn't even mention it. I'm not recalling old discussions...Look above who starts speaking about 1..,a6 and so on...
The point I tried to make was the unusual resigning in clearly won positions.
Now the son has his own account, nice. But why say then the son makes moves on your account, and then say he doesn't?
@ dstephens and flyingtiger: as you see the problem isn't the opening question. Thanks for reacting, but that's not the issue.
I am not setting this discussion on flame, see above what is said about me and then conclude who is damaged...
You might not want to recall old discussions but this is the second time that you have criticized how ecperreault plays on this forum. You are right in saying that you weren't originally saying that you have a problem with how he plays in the opening. But when you make comments like "because you only play real chess in a site-tournament," it seems like that you are talking about his openings since he mentioned it first.
Like I've said before, you can show past games that ecperreault resigned, but you can not show why he resigned those games. He might have a good position against an opponent but if he is unable to finish the game, he can either take a time forfeit (unlikely because he hasn't forfeited a game yet) or resign the game. Since the motives behind the resignations aren't clear, it is not fair to ecperreault to criticize him because he resigns those type of positions.

Ultimately, the main problem that I have is that you are using a public forum to criticize another player over issues that aren't very important. You could have used a private message to settle your problem with ecperreault but instead you went public with it. That is why I felt the need to step in.

With that being said, it is best for everybody to just back off of this topic and just play. Facts are getting lost in translation and continuing to argue about this will only bring us more stress.

ecperreault
General Forum Grandmaster
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by ecperreault » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 pm

I agree.
I hope Greg deletes this ENTIRE Thread for it serves absolutely no cause or purpose.

boeien
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am

Re: ecperreault

Post by boeien » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 pm

@islanderfan:apology accepted, though it hurts to remember tragical moments in my life. You couldn't know..
@dstephens: thanks for the reasonable reaction
@the world: eugene and I played 2 rated games this evening (1105102869 and 1105102870):: I won both within 5 moves. As you remember Eugene challenged me, and I accepted, but it appears that he only did it to make the most severe insults. Be happy you can't read back his move comments. I thought it was an attempt to reconciliation, but there came a huge amount of xxxx over me...
@ecperreault: you refused my hand to normalize our relation in a very rough way. I can quote from the comments in your games with islanderfan, but I won't do now. I tried really to play and help our quarrel out off the world. It appears impossible, and that's a pity. Everybody who reads your nice humorous reports: enjoy them! I won't, because I met another Eugene....

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:21 pm

you still don't get it, YOU started it. He didn't. What do you think he would do and say?

davidswhite
Uranium
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by davidswhite » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 am

If other responses are made in the time you are typing yours you have to hit submit a second time to make your comment post. Don't know for certain,but this may have happened. If you don't post much,you may not have realized that.
cmulligan

You're right,that's what must have happened.Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me... I'm serious. My infrequent posts over the years could easily have gotten through because no one else was submitting at precisely the same
moment.

Regarding my post which didn't get through , I'd like to update my thoughts in the form of a few comments to boeien:
1) As you observed, Eugene's real motive in challenging you to a 2 game match was to respond to your public criticisms of him by going off-forum. In view of your prior forum complaints about his sometimes resigning games for no obvious reason,
your crediting yourself for beating him within 5 moves in both games is rather ridiculous.In neither game had you in any way beaten him. He resigned the games simply because he'd gotten off his chest whatever he'd wanted to convey to you and didn't wish to have any further association with you.
2) In answer to your question about why Eugene brought Greg into his forum answers to your forum posts,I would have thought that you'd realize it represented his unwillingness to have any more DIRECT forum involvement with you.
3) Except in cases where it would unfairly impact an ongoing tournament or artificially inflate another player's rating, it's nobody else's business why or when Eugene chooses to resign a game and he owes no one any explanation.
4) I think you seriously underestimate Eugene's true chess skills and wish to go on record in stating that I consider them well-advanced and uniquely challenging.

Without intending any slight to you,
David

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:44 am

nicely put Dave, I just said it in the cursing New Yorker way!!!!!

cmulligan
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:10 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: ecperreault

Post by cmulligan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:28 am

Yea.Brian's just ignernt. We haves to overlook him because he's gots no raisin' or edumacation... :P :lol:

islanderfan
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon May 14, 2001 10:56 pm

Re: ecperreault

Post by islanderfan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:38 am

says the guy from the SOUTH lol

Post Reply