For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 am

Oh joy Cliff and David have joined the 2011 tourney. Looks like I am screwed now.... really screwed if Josh joins!!!! :lol: :lol:

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:27 am

and for that matter Nils hasn't joined either. There is a chance!

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:05 pm

OGHHH dont u worry:)
Im about to join up now and il cheat SO bad just to beat you :)

good luck every1 :)

Joshua

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 pm

When are we going to sign up
or what do we do to register for the 2011 tornament, I dont know ?!

Let me know please and thank u in advance:)

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:27 pm

on the home page, look to the bottom left and you will see 2011 tournament. click it and then you can do the rest.

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 am

I'm dying to see the first round match ups! U think it'll be interesting to play in one where the players are David, Josh, Nils, Ramawolf, Cliff & Brian! I'll hoping for that match-up! And I know Brian is too!

:D :lol: :D :lol:

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 am

wait no Malakov or Cornstalk, or who was the other other guy dpartment I think, or even acidtest. That could be the rounder of whiners! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jumpnmustang

Post by jumpnmustang » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:41 am

I signed up, Hopefully I make it past round 1 this time. I usually don't.

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Its ok Mustang
Its living and learning man, I have that issue also
BUT it is what u make out if it :)

TY Brian :)

dparmet

Post by dparmet » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:14 am

islanderfan wrote:wait no Malakov or Cornstalk, or who was the other other guy dpartment I think, or even acidtest. That could be the rounder of whiners! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They have you to make up for all our whining times 64.

dparmet

Post by dparmet » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:50 am

I love the way you talk about yourself :)

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 am

...and after the scolding I got from Greg last time, no one expects me to comment here, I'm sure!

....However....

To dparmet, allow me to quote Brian again:

wait no Malakov or Cornstalk, or who was the other other guy dpartment I think, or even acidtest. That could be the rounder of whiners!

In all fairness, several others were mentioned too, and none have responded. And you must admit, your post on vacation time did set off a mini-war. Malakhov, Acidtest, and Cornstalk (before my time) did the same. You did get a rep, my friend, and now you more or less have to live with it!
Life is a lot easier when you learn to laugh at yourself!

Why worry so much? Especially, if you're not here anymore?

Peace.

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 am

WEll hell, I wanna whine too
My butt itches and i got no one to scratch it!
So there :)

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 am

Wow such a great comeback. "way to talk about yourself." lol Your a tool. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jsnyder

Post by jsnyder » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

you have to admit though, islanderfan does make the biggest @ss of himself of anyone on these forums in his whining about the whiners.. :shock:

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Do you guys assume I have unlimited time to go through and delete posts like those?
Greg Miller

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm

SORRY :(
I was just trying to lighten the mood of an onterwise vindictive and awful thread:(
ill stfu now....

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 am

participants of this forum, I request that my name will not talk with debauchery because it gives me the right to respond in the same tone or worse, since I have no particular relationship of friendship with ISLANDERSFAN AND OTHERS, I am player FIDE champion my state 3 years and have 46 titles live in chess, if you think I sign up to open 2011, will do it, but the company of those who speak with contempt of me I am not desirable in any tournament

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

I seem to have spoken to soon about none of the others responding besides dparmet! Anyway, I won't get into anything more here with acidtest, but I have taken a look at his FIDE profile, and checked a good number of Brazilian Championships. Except for a low finish in 1966, in a tournament won by GM Vescovi, I see NO titles, NO championships, and a current FIDE rating of 2127. Jvanmechelen has a FIDE rating of 2263, and is rated here around 2550. Acidtest is rated here in the 2900's and has been at 3000 a few times.
He also seems capable of responding to moves in tight positions in mere minutes. His opponents in these incredibly complicated games take a day or two. Perhaps he's actually 'Data' from Star Trek: The Next Generation? Computer assisted or not?
You decide.

I rest my case.

(That being said, however, I'm willing to give him and any other player on this site all the respect they deserve. I believe that's part of the game.)

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 pm

cliff wrote:I see NO titles, NO championships, and a current FIDE rating of 2127. Jvanmechelen has a FIDE rating of 2263...
Not sure about FIDE, but the USCF does not put state titles on a player's profile, nor do they record the title in any way that I'm aware of. And the state camps for Kentucky have been around 2100 since I've been involved with them.
Greg Miller

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Can anyone figure this out for me? Acidtest just made this comment in the game we've in progress:

"Cliff, sorry for the delay in responding, I already have the winning line in this game and need to respond quickly before you leave, you see:
1.Why everything you said in the forum here and am finding that you nothing but a beginner at chess and software is also using as many of my opponents, only that the software is not enough, they also make mistakes, you must be a good know how to judge a player to move is good or bad.
2.What are your credentials in chess?
3.For give you much information about me (I'm Petrópolis RJ) with FIDE tournaments and matches need your email.Eu I live here many matches against top players that you can read the ChessBase Reader program or another pgn
4.You and two more who you know who have been unsporting and unfair to leave me and continue against the tournament, clearly hurting the other players, you were even worse: abandoned with black, had no faith in your machine (not in itself own) and instead go with the white talking about fair play, using a software, quickly evened the match but played passively, I noticed this and did not want one of her many requests for a tie, I hope I never have to play against someone so coward, which continued in the tournament and was on top of other weaker, just look at the table where you have only two points behind me, but you'll increase that defeat here and having happy to continue on its list maintained for years , has nothing to do no better? Why not try to study a chess book?. How to send their bids quickly is easy: it looks like you've never seen two masters playing the end of a match quickly, they spent time analyzing what they would do, the rest is easy, that's what you did, I reviewed your bid passvo g3 (alias, your soft toss) and ready, I've seen there with some analysis on the board which would be the way of victory ... Your answers I expected. Finally, remember now, on the basis that had been following the deep fritz 7 had several matches mine and my TOURNAMENTS FIDE, which stopped only has five years and only returned last year;
playing chess since 1974"

I gather that I'm being insulted. I just don't know the specifics! I'm 56 years old, and my sometimes not-so-tactful style of speech has garnered me many insults over the years, but none as long-winded and confusing as this!

:shock: :shock: :?

First time for everything, I guess...?

:)

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:39 pm

I can only try to help in a nutshell:
you did not put here what you've been asking myself, did not state that we are talking throughout the match, gave up without playing against in the match that would lead the black and it was so dishonest with the other participants, because it should have abandoned all matches
this
Ouvir
Ler foneticamente
Dicionário - Ver dicionário detalhado

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:30 pm

well, I find that it was not clearly, I am trying with another translator:
let us see
1.Cliff initiates the match before abandoning its departure against me exactly that I perceived that I went to play against it and it abandoned acidtest x Cliff (Black) in the other departure lead the white parts made 5 launches and asked for ties up to that was denied. Then it initiated to each launches a new subject said that it went to test my honesty (only looks at, who speaks in being being insulted), + 3 you launch new order of ties up to continues Cliff the game using software aid, therefore igualLá for front makes launches strong the game very it clama and informs that it goes to ask for ties up to suddenly commits one errro that I will call here g3 who to want to see departure. I only said: taste of you do not tie up to, finally, cliff starts if to rebel and starts with new and serious accusations, later that it came to the forum, asked for to information detailed on matches profits to me for me in my native land and I answered that I would inform everything if it ordered which to me its email, it promised this, did not make, the game continou, it is in lost position and passes to provoke me with order of information to come to this forum and to use everything that will be able to diminish me as person. from there that I decided to open the mouth and to say what I find of it and I find that it really likes to dissimulate that he is bonzinho….ha yes, to remember, I find that it was not honest abandoning without making an only one launches however playing the all vapor against the other players, the certainty I am: it does not want to play match where I am, abandon all the departures not to harm excessively giving points to me gratis and taking by my adversaries.

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Now this I think I understand, Pedro.

You're correct, inasmuch that we were having intermittent exchanges during that game. But I had began the game by telling you I resigned our other game in protest, as some other players have done. I merely resigned the first game that was on my screen, and I recall you had moved as white 1. e4 prior to my first move. However, I should likely had made it more clear that there was some prior conversation between us, I apologize if I was misleading. That was not my intent.

However, I did not disrespect anyone in the tournament, Pedro. I did not time out against you, and told you ,y feeling politely at the beginning. Allamattar timed our his two games. and I had very enjoyable and challenging games against Gsmelt amd Tomy, both of whom I've played here before. That was not dishonest, in my mind.
acidtest wrote: ...Ouvir
Ler foneticamente
Dicionário - Ver dicionário detalhado

Now this is hard. The closest definitions I can come up with on wikinary are:

"Ouvir" meaning to "Hear but not understand";

"Ler" meaning "interpreting the written word"; and

"Foneticamente" meaning "phonetically".

I'm not certain what that means, but darned if it doesn't sound Gospel!

Anyway, I'll translate the email you just sent me. Doubt you're inviting me to your Birthday Party, but I'll live with it. That will be the end, forumwise or gamewise.

I wish you well, my friend. A shame things happen like this, eh?

:lol:

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:59 pm

While I was typing the above post, Acidtest's latest post came in. I haven't even read it in full yet. But Now echo what I said above. he may continue, but I have no more words for him.

My conversation with you is ended. Please take note, Pedro.

jumpnmustang

Post by jumpnmustang » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:37 am

Cliff,

The last few posts I have seen coming from this forum in regard to Acidtest are probably well noted and they tend to agitate him more than it does any good. I am sure that Greg is well aware of the problem posed by the war with Acidtest and trying to deal with it. However bringing this back up like this in this forum is probably not the best because to be honest, every time Acidtest posts on this forum in response to you guys he just repeats himself and talks in circles. And the general population seems to gather enjoyment in trolling him. I feel that is probably not the best way to handle it. I don't know what Acidtest is saying because I am actually very dyslexic and he hurts my brain. :-) So hopefully we can try to stop the insulting comments.

I might suggest to acidtest as well to please take it up with Greg or stop playing on the server, because all of this negative posts really does no good for the morale of the server.

Thanks just my opinion,

Jesse

jumpnmustang

Post by jumpnmustang » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 am

Just in case: I did notice Cliff said it was the last forum post, I missed it before I posted the last post. The general opinion still stands however.

dparmet

Post by dparmet » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 am

cliff wrote:...and after the scolding I got from Greg last time, no one expects me to comment here, I'm sure!

....However....

To dparmet, allow me to quote Brian again:

wait no Malakov or Cornstalk, or who was the other other guy dpartment I think, or even acidtest. That could be the rounder of whiners!

In all fairness, several others were mentioned too, and none have responded. And you must admit, your post on vacation time did set off a mini-war. Malakhov, Acidtest, and Cornstalk (before my time) did the same. You did get a rep, my friend, and now you more or less have to live with it!
Life is a lot easier when you learn to laugh at yourself!

Why worry so much? Especially, if you're not here anymore?

Peace.
I unfairly got a bad rep for suggesting a great idea to improve a website that wants to be in the darkages. At any rate, I'm just poking fun at the retard islanderfan who pointlessly called me and others out for no reason at all other than to show his lack of class and intelligence.

And finally, my point about vacation was proven yet again as I had both my laptop and tower die on me in Dec so I had over 40 days where I couldn't access a computer. Without vacation on the real corr sites I play at I would have flagged. Now why you bothered to bring all this up again is beyond me. I was just having fun with the kid wearing a dunce cap.

As per why I"m here still... I haven't left yet cause I still have one game going. Don't worry I'll leave your pigsty soon enough. There will be more mud to go around!

All I was really trying to do was point out:
jsnyder wrote:you have to admit though, islanderfan does make the biggest @ss of himself of anyone on these forums in his whining about the whiners.. :shock:

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah I have no class but you whine about a free site.Then when you don;t get your way you complain about people who say your suggestion is stupid.Dude your pathetic. As I said before your a tool.Your argument again about vacation time is stupid. . Simple answer, MAKE THE TIME FOR THE GAME LONGER. Or is that not simple enough for you and your short bus friends. Your the one with no intelligence... opps I said some bad stuff;damn looks like Greg will delete this post also. Damn what should I do... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dparmet

Post by dparmet » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:15 pm

You're*

Before you can even talk about intelligence.... you need to learn the difference between your and you're.

No more need be said on the matter.

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:17 pm

lol I got dissed by a nerd oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol Bro seriously go get a life. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

redketchuplover

Post by redketchuplover » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:41 am

Can't we just get along? :D