Greg Miller

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
smurfchess

Greg Miller

Post by smurfchess » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 am

Maybe this can reach you.
'acidtest' is beyond doubt a very rude person and using at least one program to play his games.
Even if chess programs are allowed on this nice site, is his continuous rude chat allowable? Every time his program finds that I make an error he starts his insufferable chat more than ever. Then when I make a move his program accepts as ok, he says I am using programs. The curious part is is that he has won all our games so far (7, 8, 9, ...).
I shall resign/complete my games and leave. There are plenty of sites to play on that don't allow this type of harassing behavior.
Mr Miller, I only ask for a simple answer as to why such behavior is allowed to continue and escalate unabated.
Thank you for allowing me here.
Thank you for your time,
smurfchess

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Give me something to go on other than your word against his. Which games has he left offending comments in?
Greg Miller

iamachessstudent

Post by iamachessstudent » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:05 pm

WEll MORE ppl that feel this way need to come forward!
IF he is dong it, then its not only rude, but it is intolerable and none of need that crap on a site!
I hope others do come out and speak up so we can solve this stuff and PLAY and ENJOY this site., too much negative tends to make people go away.... myself included!

smurfchess

Rude Chat

Post by smurfchess » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I believe you would find it on most of our past and present games.

Here is a screenshot of a remark: http://i54.tinypic.com/2sajede.gif

Here is our completed games:
smurfchess vs acidtest g1105047077
smurfchess vs acidtest g1105046530
acidtest vs smurfchess g1105046337
smurfchess vs acidtest g1105046338
smurfchess vs acidtest g1105046041
acidtest vs smurfchess g1105046042
smurfchess vs acidtest g1105046043
acidtest vs smurfchess g1105046040

Here is our active games:
acidtest vs. smurfchess g1105046187
acidtest vs. smurfchess g1105046529
smurfchess vs. acidtest g1105047210

Thank you for your prompt response. I sent 2 emails to you but both were returned undeliverable.
smurfchess

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

hey! I have been following the debate, unfortunately I do not speak English, hence I am forced to use google translator that sometimes does not translate well, smurfchess, is putting a screenshot within the context that benefits him, really when it all starts to lose several matches accuses several players are using programs to beat him, then replied that he would shut up about things that had no proof then he even posted on another topic that I was false, etc., played from 2005 to 2007 here in the net chess the advice of a physician returned after three years, and how chess is a therapy for me, that alias'm gravely ill, returned to play, but smurfchess is offended because he said he was a rookie, quickly lost 4 games to me, then started playing unbelievably, I examined the bids one by one and all were predictable through software, sometimes he falls into contradictions several times, either to study the bids will notice that it actually matches the first 4 games till today he became a great teacher, then himself omits that offended me many times, I have evidence of it here too but I'm too old for this kind of concern, I am the head of the family home and not waste time with this guy that shows something unbalanced
thanks
acidtest

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Jesus christ seriously again?? Good lord.Grow up you bunch of whining brats good god. Greg get a grip on this site for once.

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:01 pm

still here why you have justice: see these two games that omits smurfchess in respect of matches that he posted here: the advantage is huge, this is just one of many contradictions of this guy:
http://www.net-chess.com/viewgame.cgi?p1=g1105046188

http://www.net-chess.com/viewgame.cgi?p1=g1105047211

smurfchess

Post by smurfchess » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:18 pm

I believe anyone reading acidtest's remarks would be offended, translated or not. I have read his Portuguese remarks which weren't translated and they are worse.
I disregard remarks of me for I am leaving anyways.
I am sure that Mr Miller will read the game transcripts and make his own judgment call as what to do, if anything.
smurfchess

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 pm

to his dismay smurfchess sir, I'm not being hit by you,

smurfchess

Post by smurfchess » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:20 pm

?! OK...

acidtest

Post by acidtest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:37 pm

ok?......ok

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:14 am

Acidtest, consider yourself warned. If you can't post comments, translated or not, that aren't offensive then just don't post comments.

I'd like to post a reminder that in this site's almost 14 year history only two people have ever been banned. Lets keep it that way.
Greg Miller

iozeph

Post by iozeph » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:27 am

Hi Greg, I have only just read this topic thread today. For fairness I feel obliged to post a response. I know absolutely nothing about these two people, save that I have played several games against acidtest and I have never had a bad or offensive comment from him. He has always played our games in a gentlemanly fashion. I have enjoyed all our games.

I do not know what went on between them to trigger off the bad feeling, but it is notable that nobody else has addedd to any allegations against acidtest. Equally, no one else has said that smurfschess is bad either.

Maybe these are just two nice people who got their wires crossed and things escalated.

You are right on your attitude against barring people. This is the best chess site I've ever come across or heard of, not just because of the spirit in which us members play here, but also because of your great generousity of your time and money, your hard work and the way you administer and arbitrate matters here. Thank you and long may it continue.

Smurfchess, I hope you have not left the site. Happy New year to both you and Acidtest. Maybe you should just avoid each other for a while and come back later and shake hands...?