Matchs with themes

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
ghorn

Matchs with themes

Post by ghorn » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:47 pm

I have wondered if it is possible to have a means to view board as the game would start. :lol:

keithstuart
Uranium

Re: Matchs with themes

Post by keithstuart » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:27 pm

ghorn wrote:I have wondered if it is possible to have a means to view board as the game would start. :lol:
It is actually poosible to view the starting position if you only have a list of moves

Just open any ongoing game reset the board with the javascript buttons over the board and then make the moves required from your list and you will get the themed openings starting position

Unfortunatly you cannot 'save' this position but it does give you an indication of the general opening position

In the near future i will be organisning themed opening matches on various openings and if i can find a way i'll have a board set up with the starting postions

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:29 pm

I think you're asking if you can view what the board would look like when opening moves are specified on the "Start A Game" page. In which case, no, there's isn't away.

keithstuart
Uranium

Post by keithstuart » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:33 pm

gmiller wrote:I think you're asking if you can view what the board would look like when opening moves are specified on the "Start A Game" page. In which case, no, there's isn't away.
Do you have any graphical boards that i could set up to display opening positions for thematics Greg?

If so i can organise thematics quite easily and link to the starting postions via my website so that the players can see the openings