Missing Matches

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
joelag

Missing Matches

Post by joelag » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:15 am

First of all:

Great work Greg! I know the crash hasn't been your fault and I knew, too, that you'll bring the site up again as good and fast as possible. This is the most stable CC site I know and it's even for free. Thank you, Greg!

But there is an issue which alters from what you announced. I played a tournament which started about 1 week before the crash! Hence it should exist in the daily backup.

No problem with that because I hadn't any game with more than 5 moves made ... but according to your announcement it should be restored, shouldn't it?

BTW: What about www.slowchess.com? Have you abandoned that domain? I used to use this because my fingers are to clumsy to hit the hyphen ;-)

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 am

Yeah a couple of my games I have noticed with cliff, were sent a few moves back, ie we were on move 45 and now are on move 40. No big deal Greg should just give all of us 300 rating points, but not Davidswhite, and I will be happy!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 am

I fixed the slowchess.com URL, it should work for everyone in the next hour.

Joelag, do you have the e-mail showing the match started? Or can you get me some game IDs and/or the match ID. They should have been restored if they were active as of Jul 30.
Greg Miller

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 pm

I noticed also that of the 14 moves I recieved to welcome me back, so to speak, 12 of them were repeats dating back to July 31, and the few days prior to that. However, so far the moves are being repeated as played. Of course, there is one game that now could change dramatically, and my come-from-behind win could be lost, as I doubt my opponent will make the same mistake twice!

But on the other hand, perhaps a second look at a few positions where I could have moved differently will equalize things, so what the heck?

:)

I'm just glad to be back!!!
Thanks Greg, for all your hard work in getting things up and running again!

:D :D :D

(And don't forget this "crash" could just be Jeff's way of giving us a little
ZAP! to remind us the Zapper Memorial Tournament is still in progress!)

:?

joelag

No Email

Post by joelag » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:37 pm

gmiller wrote:I fixed the slowchess.com URL, it should work for everyone in the next hour.

Joelag, do you have the e-mail showing the match started? Or can you get me some game IDs and/or the match ID. They should have been restored if they were active as of Jul 30.
Hey Greg, nice try :wink:

But as stated in the thread not receiving email notifications the email notifications didn't work from about July 20th ...

I replied to that thread on 2010-07-29 11:12 ... hence I'm absolutely sure that the tournament from which I was speaking has already been started at that date. If I recall it correctly the tournament started on 2010-07-23.

But never mind ... there wasn't any game with more than 10 moves done. And even if ... the only thing that really matters is that net-chess is working now again.

joelag

Tournament has been restarted

Post by joelag » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Obviously we lost more than the last day before the crash. The tournament I mentioned earlier has started now (again). Obviously the tournament was restored to a state when not all participants had entered. So, when the last participant entered it started (again).

But all ok for me - as I stated before.