Restored games.

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
edqwerty

Restored games.

Post by edqwerty » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:50 pm

I have a record of all my games. My restored games are several moves behind from where we were when the server went down. Will this be corrected or should we both make the same moves over again? If someone made an error, I'm not sure they would want to repeat it. Please advise. Thanks.

wmalone

restoration.

Post by wmalone » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:08 am

Hello Greg:
After the new server and the restoration, there seem to be some missing games. will those games show up?
Thanks for all of your hard work on this site. william

davidswhite
Uranium

Restored Games

Post by davidswhite » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 am

I'm certain that we're expected to reproduce our moves exactly as we made them(warts and all).

gmiller
Site Admin

Post by gmiller » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 am

Missing moves on games is expected, and there's no way to recover the missing moves. Even if you have the e-mails showing which moves were made, restoring them manually from that would be extremely time consuming, and impossible to verify correctness.

If you made a blunder in one of the missing moves, proper etiquette would be to reproduce it or resign. Of course, since there's no way to enforce it, I wouldn't be surprised if your opponent wasn't so nice. So it's really up to you as to how you move forward.

There will be some missing games too, but should only be a couple of days worth.
Greg Miller