Problems?

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
jpost

Problems?

Post by jpost » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Hello Greg (and all my friends),

I guess something is wrong. I cannot move, or reach the site most of the time. Wish you all the best, especially Greg.

Jan Post (jpost)

chesspal

Post by chesspal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:40 pm

never can i for few days can't even see my games had one or two days left to move. :x
I'm getting this warning Error: Table './netchess_net_chess_com/games' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Well, if I may borrow from Beckett;

"There's no lack of void."

8)

jsinger

Games I am playing do not appear

Post by jsinger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 am

Instead, I see:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/netchess/public_html/db.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/netchess/public_html/db.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/netchess/public_html/db.php on line 43
It's not your move in any games

davidswhite
Uranium

A Return to "THE TIME OF TROUBLES"???

Post by davidswhite » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 am

It's been a good many years since we've experienced any real problems at
all.
In the meanwhile many chess sites(paying ones at that) have been continuously harassed by server problems. I can verify that Stan's Net-Chess, a paying site, completely ceased to function for about 3 years.During that time no explanation or reassurance was ever provided and ,when it finally resurfaced,tournaments which had once been well advanced, returned as if nothing had happened and participants found themselves either having already timed out in some games or on the verge of timing out.Despite my own having been in excellent positions in 2 tournaments there, I chose to forfeit all my games on time there rather than waste any more time with such an unreliable,unresponsive administration.

On the other hand,I was able to make contact with Greg by phone last Friday and was completely satisfied that he was well on top of fixing our problems in only a matter of days which I have no(NONE) doubt he will do.

So,Jan,throw some raw meat to your avaricious offspring and reassure them that they'll very shortly be able to renew their feeding off of us aging dinosaurs!

Bestest,
David

jpost

Post by jpost » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 pm

My dear David,

3 things I learned,

1) Life is less beautifull without this site..
2) Now I understand why I all of a sudden got a game on stansco, for the first time in ages (though I was not a paying member)..
3) Nobody has the pluck (or the right)to blame Greg for the last week and the possible consequences..

And David: my sons are indeed like lions who didn't eat for ages....

Best wishes,
Jan

jpost

Post by jpost » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:59 pm

My dear David,

3 things I learned,

1) Life is less beautifull without this site..
2) Now I understand why I all of a sudden got a game on stansco, for the first time in ages (though I was not a paying member)..
3) Nobody has the pluck (or the right)to blame Greg for the last week and the possible consequences..

And David: my sons are indeed like lions who didn't eat for ages....

Best wishes,
Jan