One Players' Observations

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
abiodun

One Players' Observations

Post by abiodun » Sat May 26, 2007 8:11 am

Image I have an observation I would like to share involving many of the games that I've played here at Net-Chess. Please do not misinterpret my intentions because I am simply a mere hobby player like most of you. I would just like to let it be known the many times so many of my opponents have let me off too easy when there were many other stronger moves that could have(should have) been made. I desire only to strengthen and uplift my opponents' games, in order to strengthen my own.

The particular moves that I speak about are a3/h3/a6 and h6. It seems that many of my opponents make these moves whenever the board has become congested with many options and perhaps they become confused regarding which option to persue. Don't get me wrong, these moves can be excellent limiting moves at the right time; but too often I see them made at the wrong time. I sometimes wonder if my opponents make these weak moves due to a lack of tactical and/or strategical knowledge, or could it be just plain ol' lazy .....?? I'm not sure ..... :shock:

Anyway .... I have a thought about how we could possibly resolve some of this situation. I have always heard it said that if you're going to complain about something, at least give some thought to and have some positive recomendations and or solutions. Thus, I would be willing to play some 'non-rated narrative games' with anyone so inclined. The object being for each player to voice (by way of typed messages to one another) what they are thinking and why, as each contemplates the current board position and his next move. This would allow for some 2-way-over-the-board feedback and might prove to be very beneficial to many here...... myself included. :wink:

I'd be very interested to hear ANY feedback .... and Please remember that ..... I Share because I Care ! ! ! :wink:

This is just one players' observations Image
ImageChess is more than simply my pastime .... It has become My Passion !

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Sat May 26, 2007 8:33 pm

ImageHello All !

I just wanted to report back how thrilled I am that someone responded to my offer here to play some unrated/instructional games with 2-way dialogue as we play.

In addition to the leisurely games we'll be playing, I've offered to annotate(i.e. analyze and/or disect for learning purposes) some of their past lost games from here as well.

I'm not any kind of titled chess holder or anything, I just enjoy the game so much that I'm tickled to impart any knowledge I may have to help someone else improve their game.

Maybe I'll hear replies from still others ......... :wink:

jpalasek

Post by jpalasek » Sat May 26, 2007 11:33 pm

IF YOU POST AN UNRATED CHALLENGE GAM FOR STUDY PURPOSES I WOULD GLADLY ACCEPT I THINK IT WOULD HELP MY GAME AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO HELP YOURS I HAVE A HARD TIME STUDING CHESS AND LEARN MORE BY PLAYING THAN READING MAYBE THIS SHARE COMMUNICATION ON WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO WOULD BE A GOOD WAY FOR ME TO IMPROVE :)

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Sun May 27, 2007 3:40 am

Jpalasek says : IF YOU POST AN UNRATED CHALLENGE GAME FOR STUDY PURPOSES I WOULD GLADLY ACCEPT.
Hello Jpalasek ..... !

Thank You for responding. I will be more than happy to post an unrated/study challenge game with you. Consider it done and Let's Have Some Fun ! :)

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 am

I'm hopeing that our Webmaster Greg might see this post and perhaps respond .

Now that I have set up 3 different sets of these non-rated/2-way dialogue instructional games, a possible comments box problem has occured to me .....Hmmmmmmm ......??

I've noticed that any comments sent between players are shown for 1 move only .... and then they're gone ! Hmmm ....?? I guess a possible work-around for these instructional games would be for the players to save any game comments on their own pc's, unless I'm overlooking another alternative ....?? Hmmmmm.....

islanderfan

Post by islanderfan » Sun May 27, 2007 2:00 pm

am ready for a game when you are. Lord knows I suck!:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rprado

Post by rprado » Sun May 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Great idea! I have a lot of games on the go at the moment and am feeling an obligation to keep them moving along, but my free time is short at the moment. Therefore adding more wood to the fire probably ins't a good idea at the moment but hopefully things should settle down again over the next month and would be happy to have a few games with you along this lines then.

desertdevil

one player's observation

Post by desertdevil » Mon May 28, 2007 12:45 pm

I will accept any non rated instructional games also.

abiodun

Post by abiodun » Tue May 29, 2007 5:15 am

As excited as I am that so many of you have responded(both privately and here in the public forum) to request some unrated/instructional games with me ....... I have reached my limit for now and must declare .............................................. Image .... that's enough for now. :)

I guess maybe I underestimated just how many would be interested. Not to worry though, I plan to continue this indefinitely. Hey .... maybe someone else might pick up the torch and offer something the same or similar. Anyway, I took a couple of days off from the pc and chess to enjoy this past holiday weekend with family and friends ..... so now, Let The Games Begin !!! :wink:

ferdyrojo

match of Unrated Games with time control of 7 days per move

Post by ferdyrojo » Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 pm

Who is willing to play a match as the above mentioned?

If there is someone interested in such a match, please let me know via this forum.

Thanks in advance for your concern. 8)

Ferdyrojo
Ferdyrojo

desertdevil

One player"s observation

Post by desertdevil » Wed May 30, 2007 7:43 pm

Ferdyrojo, if you want to challenge me, I will play a match against you.