2006 tournament

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
dfourandwin

2006 tournament

Post by dfourandwin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:07 pm

Would any of the participants of the 2006 tournament be willing to post some notes from there games here when they finish? I've noticed quite a few interesting games going on and it would be nice to hear some thoughts from the top players...

One thing I dont understand is why herlocksholmes resigned in many games where he looks at least equal!

davidswhite
Uranium

Post by davidswhite » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:55 am

Herlock explained to me that his gameload had become too great for him
to do himself justice;that he was playing some 45 ICCF games and that a
careless move order blunder by him which led to a 2 move mate was for him the final straw.
His resigning all of his games in the final round immediately after that blunder
was spontaneous and had nothing to do with his prospects in any of those
games.

dfourandwin

Post by dfourandwin » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:49 am

Thanks for the explanation.

Davidswhite are you willing to post notes from your games here?

davidswhite
Uranium

Post by davidswhite » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:24 am

No,not while the games are still ongoing.

I'm already favoring my opponents in this round with the benefit of a whole series of moronic moves which run the gamut of inverted move orders,unforced blunders,and,my personal favorite...after working out and
entering in my gamelog the continuation best for me,completely disregarding it and instead playing the only move which I'd considered unworthy of analysis.Since I'm about to resign that game(with me as black against ribouj),I have no problem in divulging that I'd written down 16...Bxh3
17.Bxh3 Ne4 but inexplicably played Kh8 instead of Bxh3 and causing me to resign what until then had been no wose than an even position.

mikeh

Post by mikeh » Sat May 12, 2007 11:20 am

Well, the tournament is completed.

My congratulations to davidswhite!

davidswhite
Uranium

the 2006 Site Championship

Post by davidswhite » Mon May 14, 2007 3:58 am

Thank you Mike but I'd be remiss if I didn't accurately make mention of the fact that with just hours left on my clock my chance of drawing that last game with you were non-existent and had I not stumbled into learning that after 50 moves,I could request additional time to be added to our clocks.
Were it not for that rule,previously unknown to me,I would now be congratulating you for the win instead of the other way around.

Best regards,
David

ribouj

Post by ribouj » Mon May 14, 2007 4:06 am

Félicitations pour votre première place :D