New Ladders Site

For discussion pertaining to Chess, Net-Chess, or general interests.
mluka

New Ladders Site

Post by mluka » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:47 pm

As some of you are already aware, I have moved the ladders to a new website.

There are a few changes worth noting:

The site is now automated. There is no longer any need to contact me for permission to challenge or to submit a match id.

I have created a user account for players who were already on the ladders, as well as many longtime members of Chess-Teams. You can use this form to retrieve your password.

You can now schedule vacation time for up to 30 days each year of the Gregorian calendar. While you are on vacation, you cannot be challenged.

This suggestion is now a rule. You must issue a challenge once every 12 months to maintain your standing on the ladder or the pyramid. If you play on both, that (typically) means a minimum of two challenges every 12 months, combined.
If you are on vacation or in a position from which you cannot challenge, that time does not count against your 12 months.

Examples of positions from which you cannot challenge:
1)You are the top-ranked ladder player.
2)You are the second-ranked ladder player, and your last match was against the top-ranked ladder player.
3)You are the only player on your pyramid level.
4)You are the only player on your pyramid level not involved in a pyramid match.

I have started an FAQ at the new site. If you have questions, please look there first before posting them here.